There are a lot of articles out there discussing why adult only trips to Disney World are great, or what rides are great for the younger ones, or tips on bringing younger ones to Walt Disney World. But what about the older kids, those pesky tweens or teenagers who think Disney is just for kids and will do everything in their power to torture you throughout your entire trip! Well here you go, a list of fun Disney things that will have your older kids asking to go back!
- Interactive areas – there are certain rides and areas in the theme parks which are interactive! These areas are great for the older kids, Advance Training Lab, Imagine Works and Innoventions at Epcot where they can create their own roller coaster (Sum of all Thrills), or rides like Buzz Lightyear or Toy Story where the ride is actually interactive and much like a video game.
- Funny Shows – not all tweens and teenagers like broadway like shows (for those that do please go see all the shows WDW has to offer) however there are some really funny shows that all teens and tweens will love such as Monster Inc, Mickeys PhilharMagic, the Muppets 3D, & the gross but kind of funny Stiches Great Escape
- The classics – these rides are classic because they have that special something! Rides likes Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean and the Jungle Cruise are much loved by kids, tweens, teens and adults alike.
- Thrill rides – often times when you think of Walt Disney World the first thoughts are its a small world or Cinderella’s castle, I can see why the young adults have no interest in going! However Walt Disney World has thrill rides for every interest. There is Test Track, Mission Space and Soarin at Epcot, Star Tours, Rockin Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror at Hollywood Studios, Expedition Everest, Dinosaurs and Kali Rapids at Animal Kingdom and Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain and Seven Dwarf Mine Train at Magic Kingdom
- The ability to travel on their own – with Walt Disney World transportation your teen can travel on their own back to the hotel, or sleep in a little later and catch up with the group later, you will have the safety of knowing the buses, monorails and ferry’s are ran by Disney.
Not only will your tweens and teens enjoy visiting Walt Disney World, they may even create memories of their own and of course will want to visit again! If this list doesn’t convince them then I’m sorry your stuck with a stick in the mud like my oldest!!
If you have any experience traveling with tweens or teens and have any advice please comment below! If you are ready to book your Walt Disney World vacation please contact me email@example.com
Latest posts by Disney Addicts Past Writers and Friends (see all)
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019
- 10 Commonly Asked Questions About Booking A Walt Disney World Vacation - June 16, 2019
- New Attractions coming to Walt Disney World - June 14, 2019