There is so much to say about Disney’s Polynesian Resort! I have just returned from a long weekend trip which I spent at the resort for the first time! I am normally a moderate resort vacationer but decided to do it up a little this time. I have been to the Polynesian before for dinner but that does it no justice!
Here are my top ten reasons for staying at Polynesian Resort
- The room; the room was giant, the bathroom alone was almost as large as the room we normally stay in. There were 2 queen beds, a sofa, closets with a safe, a refrigerator, an alarm clock and TV, two chairs and a desk, there was an additional desk that could be pulled out and brought around the room and a dresser. The bathroom had two sinks, a hairdryer, a full tub and lots of counter space. There was also a patio as we were on the first floor.
- The pool; One of the pools was being worked on while we were vacationing however the pool that was right outside our room was unbelievable. There was a zero entry (which is like entering a pool as you would normally enter the water at the beach), there is also a slide and a water fall. There is a hot tub present at the pool area. There is also a section for the younger ones to play, they even have their own water slide. There are life guards present all day (matter of fact we saw them practicing emergency drills early in the morning). There is restricted access to the pools, you need your magic band to get in.
- The food choices; Ok, I’m a foodie I’ll admit it and this resort is perfect for that! O’hana, The Spirit of Aloha Show and DOLE WHIPS, yep Dole Whips in the resort! I don’t know if this excited you as much as it does me but you could hang out at the resort by the amazing pool enjoying a Dole whip and in the evening you could..
- Magic Kingdom fireworks are visible! depending on your room you may be able to see the fireworks AND the Electrical Water Pageant. Your room is facing the other way? not a problem you can view this from the pool or beach area. This is a real plus as some days you are just too tired to stay at the park all day, this gives you a chance to relax at your resort and see two shows!
- The other amenities; there is turn down service, depending on your “level” there is continental breakfast, wine and cheese and desserts, the monorail goes through this resort and there is a beach. There are two shops and endless help with dining reservations, fast passes and anything else you need everywhere you turn.
I honestly can not say enough good things about this resort. I can’t compare it to the other deluxe resorts however I can tell you that this is one experience I am glad I got to experience!
Have you stayed at the Polynesian Resort before? Share your experience in the comments!
Thanks for reading! My name is Karen Asaro I’m a travel agent with World of Magic Travel and a writer for Chip and Co and Disney Addicts. I visit Disney World as often as possible to keep up to date with the latest going on throughout the world, if I’m not there I am planning my next trip! Let me help you plan your next trip you can email me or visit me on facebook for all the latest info!
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019