Great news for those heading to Disney World over the course of the next month! Epcot’s International Festival of the Arts is officially in full swing for the 2022 season!
This global celebration of the performing, culinary and visual arts runs through Feb. 21, 2022, as part of The World’s Most Magical Celebration honoring the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort. Featured below are some of the exciting entertainment offerings at the Festival!
Among festival highlights:
- A guest favorite, the DISNEY ON BROADWAY Concert Series, presents three shows each evening of the festival. Broadway stars perform cherished songs from more than 25 years of award-winning stage productions. Visit www.ArtfulEPCOT.com for dining packages to pair with concert performances.
- Savor & sip around the world at 15 Food Studios that serve up creative international and domestic food and beverages to delight every palate. From Morocco to Canada and America, all-new dishes artfully created and presented feature on every menu. Food Studios newcomers are Deco Delights (Dulce Chocolate Mousse) and The Craftsman’s Courtyard (P.E.I. mussels roasted on cast iron). New plant-based offerings include Carrots Three Ways: berbere-spiced and grilled, pickled carrots and carrot ginger puree.
- Lace up your sneakers and prepare your appetite for the Wonderful Walk of Colorful Cuisine, a fun food stroll highlighting five sweet and savory offerings listed in the Festival Passport. Collect all five passport stamps and qualify for a delectable Artist Palette Cookie.
- Dazzling art takes center stage at the festival. Must-see masterpieces by more than 100 Disney and visiting artists will be found throughout EPCOT. Catch a glimpse of artists at work with a peek inside the Disney Artist Gallery or the WonderGround Gallery. At ground level, works of chalk artists will be on display along the bridge to Showcase Plaza. The Showcase Plaza stage comes alive with musical acts, a spectacle of thrilling strength with Art Defying Gravity and Visual Art in Performance,led by an artist who paints favorite Disney Characters in a matter of minutes.
- Fun for all ages. Kids can create their own chalk art masterpieces at Kid’s Chalk Art while families can leave their creative mark on a larger-than-life mural at Expression Section: A Paint by Numbers Mural. At Animation Academy, learn from an animation artist how to draw a Disney Character. Walt Disney World Resort attraction illustrations by Disney Imagineers from around the world will be on view at Drawing on Inspiration: Celebrating 50 Years of Magic.
- Across World Showcase, guests can step into some of the most iconic artwork from around the world at unique Artful Photo Ops For an added charge, Figment’s Brush with the Masters invites guests on a scavenger hunt around World Showcase. The lovable purple dragon hides in famous works of art. Return your completed map of Figment sightings to redeem an artful surprise!
- Figment also lends an artistic touch to the exclusive festival merchandise collection which includes and accessories, distinctive gifts, and much more.
To experience EPCOT International Festival of the Arts, guests need both a valid park admission and a park reservation for EPCOT on the same date.
Check back here on Chip & Co. for the latest theme park and entertainment news updates!
Photo Credit: Disney
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- What To Do On a Rainy Day at Disney World - May 22, 2022
- New Mickey Bubble Waffles at Marketplace Snacks in Disney Springs - May 21, 2022
- Muppet History: Honoring the Anniversary of Muppet Vision 3D - May 15, 2022