Regardless of whether you’re into thrill rides, the dining, or the amazing parade and stage performances, no visit to Disneyland is really complete without meeting a character or two. With two parks absolutely jam-packed with countless things to explore, its hard to know where to go to rub shoulders with some of your favorite Disney friends. That’s why we here at Disney Addicts have compiled a list of 8 of our favorite Disneyland meet and greets to get you started. Keep our list handy and your autograph book and cameras at the ready and let’s find some characters!
1. Tinker Bell – One of Disneyland’s most classic and iconic personalities, meeting Tinker Bell is a must-do for many Disney visitors. You can usually find her flitting about in Pixie Hollow located in Disney’s Fantasyland. This delightful section of the park makes guests feel shrunken down to Fairy size for this magical encounter! Pixie Hollow is open daily from 8:00 am – 3:00 pm.
2. Woody and Jessie – It was announced during the recent D23 convention that Disney’s Paradise Pier Area is going to be re-imagined as Pixar Pier at some point in the near future. Therefore it is no surprise that this is one of the best places to meet your favorite toys from Andy’s Room. Woody and Jessie are usually on hand as is Buzz Lightyear to meet with visitors. Be on the lookout for them on the Midway from 10:30 am – 1:oo pm or around 1:45- 4:30pm.
3. Elena of Avalor – Also on Paradise Pier, guess have the amazing opportunity to meet Crown Princess Elena of Avalor. She holds court at the Paradise Gardens Gazebo where she greet guests daily from 11:00 am – 4:oopm so stop by and she’ll fill you in on all of her amazing adventures.
4. Groot – This list would not be complete without at least one addition from Disneyland Resort’s amazing Summer of Heroes line-up! Throughout the Summer months some of your favorite Guardians of the Galaxy friends will be getting their groove on as part of the Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Dance Off! Hosted by Star-Lord and Gamora, the event takes place several times throughout the day in Hollywood Land at Disney California Adventure Park. Groot makes an appearance just as the Dance Off is wrapping up where he stays on for a bit to meet with guests and pose for a photo or two!
5. Princess Tiana – Guests sauntering along the shoreline of Rivers of America in Disneyland will want to be on the lookout for Princess Tiana. She can often be found near the water or on the Mark Twain Riverboat (which will re-open later this week) while it is docked. Be careful though, often times Dr. Facilier lurks just a step or two behind.
6. Lightning McQueen and Mater – If your a fan of Pixar’s Cars franchise then you’ll want to head on over to the Crazy Cone Motel in Cars Land at Disney California Adventure park to meet some of the stars! Lightning McQueen and Mater have been known to be on hand to pose for photos as is Cruz Ramirez fresh from her stint in Cars 3. Meet and greets take place from 8:00 am – 10:00 pm so there’s plenty of time to stop by and say hello.
7. Chewbacca – Here’s one for all you Star Wars fans! Head on over to Star Wars Launch Bay in Tomorrowland where you can check out memorabilia from Rogue One, wander around the Cantina and other settings inspired by the films and pose for photos with Han Solo’s trusty sidekick. Chewbacca is usually on hand to meet guests throughout the day. The hours at the Launch Bay are 1o:00 am – 8:00pm.
8. Mickey Mouse – There’s no better way to end this list than with an encounter with the Mouse himself. Guests hoping to give Mickey a hug should stop by Mickey’s House located in Disneyland’s Toon Town. Here you’ll find all sorts of fun Mickey mementos. Be sure to pop round behind the house to Mickey’s Movie Barn where you’ll find costumes and props from some of Mickey’s much-loved roles. Then head on back to the Screening Room for a very special encounter with Mickey! Mickey’s House is open daily from 9:00 am – 8:30 pm.
These are just a few of the many character experiences you’ll encounter across both Disneyland theme parks. Did your favorite characters make the cut? Be sure to let us know which ones are your favorites in the comments below.
Are you thinking about a visit to Disneyland? Fill out our form below to receive your FREE quote.
Why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I can help you get the best discounts for your Disney World vacation package, assist with making dining, Fastpass and Christmas Party reservations and can even help you plan an itinerary filled with extra special Christmas touches. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE! Contact me at 1.800.801.4025 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Facebook and let’s get planning!
Images copyright Disney.
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019