Question: What are some good items to ship to the resort, instead of pack in my luggage?
Answer: As some of you may know, you can ship a package to your resort and pick it up from the front desk upon check-in. It’s easy and can save you money, especially if you are flying (overweight baggage fees are pretty pricey) You can send your package 4-5 days before you arrive and they will hold it for you. I prefer sending a large Flat Rate Box from the Post Office (if it fits, it ships!)
Items to send:
- Snacks for the parks: granola bars, applesauce pouches, candy, trail mix, etc.
- Food for the room: crackers, Pop Tarts, peanuts, cereal bars, and flavored coffee creamer cups.
- A box of sandwich bags for taking snacks into the park, or down to the pool.
- An extra pair of shoes could save room and weight in your suitcase.
- A case of bottled water to save snack credits, or keep in the room fridge.
- Some people like to bring full-sized toiletries or lotions that are over the 4 oz. rule for flying.
- Other ideas: sunscreen, razors, ponchos, a corkscrew, scissors, goggles, and a night-light.
- I add items for my kids too, such as glow sticks, clings for the room window, and a roll of quarters and pennies for pressed coin machines.
What do you like to ship to the resort? Do you think it saves money? Leave a comment below! If you have any other questions, or would like a free price quote for your next Disney Vacation, please contact me, I’d love to hear from you! firstname.lastname@example.org
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019