We are starting 2021 with the news that Disney will no longer offer complimentary MagicBands when you book your vacation. So what do you do now?
The main reason Disney took this decision is because they are planning to unveil an innovative new offering as part of the My Disney Experience app that will bring the same features as a Magic Band to your phone.
You also have the option to purchase a Magic Band or use one that you already own. Previous magic bands still work, so there’s no need to get a new one.
If you still want to get a new Magic Band you have two options:
- Build A Band Upgrade: With this option on My Disney Experience, you can add a new Magic Band for only $5! (Only plain colors available).
- Retail: You can get your favorite Magic Band style at any retail location or shopdisney.com for $14.99 and up.
In case you don’t own a previous magic band and prefer to not get a new one, you can ask for a Key to the World card during your visit. So there’s an option for everyone.
Do you think Disney should get back to complimentary Magic Bands? Let us know!
- Creations Shop And Club Cool Are Coming to Epcot This Summer! - April 11, 2021
- Inside Look At Marvel’s Avengers Campus Coming On June 4th! - April 9, 2021
- 10 Activities For Families To Do At Walt Disney World This Spring! - April 8, 2021