Question: What is the best Deluxe Resort for the value?
Answer: This is definitely a tough question to answer, especially when you factor in all the criteria, but, I would have to say Disney’s Wilderness Lodge is the best value in the Deluxe category. And here’s why:
- Rooms at this resort are generally about $100 less than other Deluxe resorts.
- The resort has an awesome theme, with an amazing lobby depicting the Pacific Northwest.
- Boat transportation to Magic Kingdom makes traveling to the parks fun and a nice change of pace from busses. You can also take the boat to the Contemporary and hop on the monorail for easier access to Epcot and two other Magic Kingdom resorts (Polynesian and Grand Floridian).
- You can also walk or take a boat over to Fort Wilderness Resort, which is super convenient if you have reservations for the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue or Mickey’s Backyard BBQ.
- On-site, there are some great dining options, such as Artist Point and Whispering Canyon
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge also features two heated swimming pools, whirlpools, kid’s pool, waterslide, healthclub, beach of soaking up the Florida sun, fishing, watercraft, bike rentals, arcade, playground, and recreational activities. There is also a place just for kids called the Cub’s Den, which features a fun filled, supervised, night with activities such as arts and crafts, movies, and games. Included with the cost of the service is dinner and a snack. This is a great way for parents to sneak away for a nice, quiet dinner, to ride some thrill rides, or to take a trip around the world at Epcot’s World Showcase!
One thing to note about Disney’s Wilderness Lodge is the rooms only accommodate up to 4 guests. So, if you are traveling with a party of 5, I would check out my runner-up options- The Contemporary Resort or Animal Kingdom Lodge.
My family and I had a great stay at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge and I would love to help create a magical trip for your family. Email me today to get started and be sure to follow me on Facebook for updates and special promotions!
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019