What is the Disney Dining Plan?
When booking a vacation for Walt Disney World you are given the option of adding the Disney Dining Plan to your My Way Package. The Disney Dining plan is one of the perks of staying on property, since it is only available to on site resort guests. Walt Disney World allows you to pre-pay for the dining for your vacation by adding it to your resort package.
There are a variety of packages you can choose from, depending on your needs. You can choose just quick service meals, a combination of quick service and table service meals, or a plan that will cover all your dining, regardless of where you eat.
How Disney Dining Plans Work
- The dining plan is based on the number of nights of your resort stay, not the number of days in the park.
- Each guest in the room is allocated a number of credits per night, and it can vary depending on which plan you choose.
- It starts the day of check-in (even if your room isn’t ready, once you check in and activate your Magic Bands, your dining credits are loaded) and expire at midnight the day you check out.
- While vacationing at Walt Disney World Resort, choose from over 100 select restaurants available (including Downtown Disney).
- Present your Magic Band to your server or cashier prior to ordering and it will automatically deduct the credits from your balance.
- Track your meals with the easy-to-read receipt your server will provide you, which displays your remaining meal balance.
- Redeem your meals in any order throughout your package stay until each person’s meal total is complete.
- Some restaurants do require 2 credits per person, per meal, so be aware when making reservations.
- All plans come with at least one snack per person per day as well.
- Advance Dining Reservations can be booked 180 days in advance through your MDE account or by calling 1-407-WDW-DINE.
- If a discount is released with free or discount dining, they matched in level. The Value resorts will automatically include the Basic Dining Plan, while the Moderates and Deluxe will automatically include the plus dining. You can always pay for an upgrade from basic to plus or plus to deluxe.
Available Disney Dining Plans
*At the time of this article some restaurants are still missing off the list for Downtown Disney due to contract negotiations.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!