Question: What changes are going to be coming to Hollywood Studio’s Great Movie Ride?
Answer: A lot of Disney Addicts have been asking what is going to become of the Great Movie Ride at HWS due to the removal of the Sorcerer Mickey hat that sits directly in front of it. A few changes were announced for the Chinese Theater replica that houses the ride. The ride itself will stay the same for now, but be revamped and updated a bit.
Disney is going to be working alongside TCM (Turner Classic Movies) to update the Ride. The work inside The Great Movie Ride is expected to start in early 2015 and be complete by spring of 2015. See more details at Chip & Co. by clicking Here.
The changes that were announced, besides TCM becoming the sponsor are:
- New window displays
- New Pre-show film and Movie posters in the queue that play digital scenes
- A new finale movie montage
- A photo at the end of the ride, possible a Photopass
- A new narrator, possibly taking the place of the ride-on Cast Member narration that happens now.
There is no mention of changes to the movies featured on the ride, the layout, or the current audio-animatronics yet. Maybe Disney is hiding somethings up their sleeves.
In exchange for sponsoring the renovations to the Ride, TMC plans to air “The Disneyland Story” where Walt himself presents the plans for Disneyland as well as a nature documentary called “The Vanishing Prairie.” This will air 8pm EST on December 21 through 5pm EST on December 22, 2014.
What is your opinion on the Great Movie Ride getting upgraded? I love the end-of-ride Movie Montage, so I am sad to see it go, but I have faith that Disney will not disappoint! The Great Movie Ride is great for all ages, and my children love it! We always ride it first at HWS- it’s our tradition. Are you ready to check out Disney’s Hollywood Studios and the Great Movie Ride? Email me at Summer@worldofmagictravel.com and I’ll send you out a *free* price quote for any Disney Destination. My Facebook Page is SummerLovesDisney, send me a message if you have any travel questions!
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019