It’s the most wonderful time of the year! There is nothing to compare to Walt Disney World during the holiday season. With shimmering décor, festive entertainment, and delicious treats, the holiday season is one of my favorite times to visit. If you are visiting during the holiday season, attending Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is a must do event! But when will tickets go on sale for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party? Join us as we learn a bit more about this jolly event and try to discover when tickets will go on sale.
What is Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party?
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas party is a ticketed event that occurs on select nights at the Magic Kingdom Park during the holiday season. Party dates usually begin in early November and run through mid-December. The party begins at 7 pm and lasts until midnight. Before the party begins, guests who do not have party tickets begin to depart, leaving only the guests who hold party tickets to enjoy the festivities. It is important to note that in past years party goers have been allowed into the Magic Kingdom Park at 4 pm with their holiday party ticket. If this continues to hold true for this year, you can enter the gates at 4 pm to enjoy the Magic Kingdom for a few hours before Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party begins. Those guests only attending the Christmas party at the Magic Kingdom will just need a party ticket, you will not need a full day park ticket as well. If you have already started planning your holiday trip to Walt Disney World and are trying to decide what party date to attend, do keep in mind that November party dates, for the most part, seem to be less crowded than December, with weekend parties typically some of the busiest.
What is included with my Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party ticket?
- Character meet and greets – Bring your autograph book and smile for some memorable pictures as you enjoy some of your favorite Disney characters dressed in jolly holiday gear. In years past there were special characters out who are not part of the normal character line up. We will still have to wait for a little to see who will be greeting guests this year.
- Enjoy the attractions open during the party – While, not every attraction will be open during the party, many will be open for your enjoyment. Make sure to check out the always popular Jingle Cruise! Attraction lines can be shorter for Christmas party nights, however, it is important to note that FastPass + is not available after 7 pm once the party starts.
- Shop, Shop, Shop – Make sure to pick up some festive party merchandise while you are at the party. Choose from special party t-shirts, mugs, ornaments and so much more … there is no shortage of fun merchandise that is Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party specific.
- Eat – Enjoy complimentary cookies and cocoa as you enjoy the festivities around the Magic Kingdom. Scattered around the park are other holiday food offerings both savory and sweet to warm the belly!
- Entertainment – Your little Frozen fan will be in awe as you enjoy A Frozen Holiday Wish. Watch as Anna, Elsa, Olaf, and Kristoff take to the stage for a glittering show that ends with the complete transformation of Cinderella Castle in twinkling lights. Not to be outdone is Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration stage show where Mickey has a party and invites Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, and all the gang over to celebrate this wondrous time of year with songs and fun!
- Pictures – You can’t get more enchanting than a picture of your family with the beautiful backdrop of Cinderella Castle glittering with twinkling lights. We already know how amazing PhotoPass photographers are, but they take it to a whole new level during the Christmas party with memorable Magic Shots to add even more holiday fun to your photos.
- A party within a party – Head over to Tomorrowland and join in the fun at A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas party or head over to the dance party at Club Tinsel at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café. For an additional cost, you can soothe your sweet tooth at the Fireworks Holiday Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace (with both Terrace and Plaza Garden viewing) or check out Tony’s Most Merriest Town Square Party to enjoy some delightful food and a reserved spot for holiday parade viewing.
- Parade – Grab your spot on Main Street, U.S.A. as you enjoy Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade. Christmas comes to life in this whimsical parade that includes beautiful Christmas floats with some of your favorite Disney characters, toy soldiers, and of course the man himself, Santa Claus.
- Fireworks – Dazzling fireworks light up the sky in Holiday Wishes. Set to some of your favorite music from the holiday season, this fireworks show is definitely not to be missed.
- Snow – It wouldn’t be the holidays without a little snow. Yes, that’s right snow in central Florida! Walk down Main Street, U.S.A. as snow magically starts to fall, fully immersing you in the holiday spirit.
When Will Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Go on Sale?
Although it’s true that 2019 party dates have not yet been released, we shouldn’t have much longer to wait. Last year Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party tickets went on sale March 19 with prices that ranged from $95 per adults and $90 per child to $125 per adult and $120 per child. We may have to wait just a little longer to see when the party dates are for 2019 and the cost but don’t worry Disney Addicts, we have you covered. Follow our sister site Chip & Company to keep you up to date on all the breaking Disney news, including party ticket releases.
Photo Source: Disney Parks Blog
Are you ready to plan your 2019 holiday vacation? Let’s start planning your magical vacation today. As a travel planner with Key to the World Travel, I can help you with Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Adventures by Disney, Cruises, Tropical Getaways and so much more! My services are always FREE, so let’s get you booked! For a free, no obligation quote contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can complete and submit the form below.
Latest posts by Renee Burton (see all)
- Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party Returns this Fall with New Spooky Family Fun - June 18, 2019
- What’s Included in Your Adventures by Disney Vacation? - June 12, 2019
- Summer Nights Come Alive at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park - June 5, 2019