When is the Best time to visit Disneyland in 2023?
The number one question I get from friends and clients is “when is the best time to visit Disneyland?” My number one answer is “whenever you can”! I also understand that there are better times to visit than others so let’s take a look at the best time to visit Disneyland in 2023.
2023 is going to start off big at the Disneyland Resort with the kick-off of the 100 Years of Wonder Celebration on January 27. Below I will list the best dates to visit the parks for fewer crowds or cooler weather. I’ll also list any festivals or events that will be taking place at the resort in case you want to avoid those dates.
- 9-12: Schools are back in session! Fewer guests will be visiting during this time
- 17-26: Avoid the previous weekend (MLK weekend)
- 20th: Lunar New Year Celebration begins
- 27th: 100 Years of Wonder Celebration begins. The 27-29 are sure to be very busy
- 27th: Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway also opens this day
- 30-31: Weekdays, after the celebration starts, should be less crowded
- 1st: weekdays are always best at Disneyland
- Select dates the 2nd through 16th will host Disneyland After Dark: Sweetheart’s Nite
- 21-28: Avoid President’s weekend
- 1-3: Just before the spring break crowds start
- Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival begins on March 3rd
- Mickey’s Toontown will reopen on March 8th
- Avoid the rest of March due to spring break
- Avoid April as well if you can. Very busy with spring breakers
- Weekdays in May are best! Avoid Grad Nites and Memorial Day weekend
- The first half of June is ok crowd-wise. Temperatures are starting to get higher as well. Avoid the second half of June.
- Do not go in July if you can help it!
- The last half of the month is best. School is back in session so fewer people will be at the parks
- Weekdays in September are best except for Labor Day. Most kids are in school which means fewer guests at the parks
- The same goes for October. Avoid the weekends, Columbus Day, and Oogie Boogie Bash days.
- Local states have a Fall Break in October and many head to Disneyland to celebrate
- Weekdays in November are also the best days to visit. Stay away during Thanksgiving week, however.
- Disney Festival of Holidays will begin this month at Disney California Adventure
- Weekdays during the first two weeks of December are best. Once schools are on winter break, the parks will be more crowded.
There are two questions to ask when deciding if the parks will be busy:
- Is it a national holiday?
- Are kids out of school?
If the answer to either question is “yes” then expect the parks to be crowded. Disneyland also has a large local attendance so locals will frequent the parks on weekends.
When do you think is the best time to visit Disneyland?
If you’d like to plan your next Disneyland vacation, contact me today! I am the preferred travel partner with Disney Addicts and my services are complimentary. I’d love to help you plan a magical vacation!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started Now for your FREE No Obligation Quote.