Q: Will I carded if I try to purchase alcohol at Walt Disney World?
A: You sure will. As the weather heats up at Walt Disney World so does our desire to cool off with a frosty pint, an icy margarita or have a pina colada by the pool. However, before saddling up to you nearest watering hole and ordering a drink it pays to know what the ID requirements are. I’m not a particularly young looking 40 year old but I’ve been carded every time I’ve ordered a drink on Disney property. To make sure that you’re covered in the event of an ID check, here’s a quick rundown of the valid forms of ID that you can use to purchase alcohol at Walt Disney World.
The following forms of ID will be accepted as proof of age:
- U.S. state driver’s license (includes U.S. territories – Puerto Rico, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, U.S. Virgin Islands and American Samoa)
- U.S. state ID (includes U.S territories)
- U.S. Military ID
- Original passport
- Copy of passport (either on paper or captured on a mobile device), along with a government photo ID that verifies the person and birth date shown on the copy
- NEXUS card issued by U.S. Customs and Border Patrol (Canadian Guests Only)
Visitors from outside the United States are required to present both a valid passport and another form of government-issued photo dientification from their country of origin. Foreign driver’s licenses or ID cards are not acceptable by themselves.
Alcohol will not be served to anyone who does not present the appropriate identification upon request.
So if you’re heading to Walt Disney World don’t miss out on some of the absolutely incredible drinks on offer by not having the appropriate identification. You have been warned!
Planning a visit to Disney World? There are sill some incredible Summer and Autumn packages available. Fill out our form below to receive your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Images copyright Disney.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019