Christmas is almost here! With so many streaming services and movies to watch this holiday season, it’s tough to decide on just one movie that the whole family will enjoy. Luckily, Disney has quite a few that will tug at your sentimental Christmas heartstrings. When it comes to deciding, break out this list and chose from these 10 Christmas movies to make choosing a bit easier this year!
- Mickey’s Christmas Carol (1983) (Available on Disney+)
- Your Disney favorites find themselves starring in arguably the most famous holiday classic – A Christmas Carol. Scrooge McDuck works to learn the true meaning of Christmas – with the help of 3 ghosts of course. If you are looking for an entry level course into the timeless tale, Mickey’s Christmas Carol should not be passed up.
- One Magic Christmas (1985) (Available on Disney+)
- A family struggling to make ends meet are faced with even harder times. Maybe this family is due for some Christmas magic?
- The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992) (Available on Disney+)
- This version of the Muppet Christmas Carol takes the tale to a whole new level. Gonzo and Rizzo take you through the story you know and love with sarcastic and punny quips that make this Christmas Carol unlike any you’ve seen before. Find Kermit as Bob Crachit and Michael Cain as Scrooge and you won’t imagine the story any other way.
- Nightmare Before Christmas (1993) (Available on Disney+)
- The great thing about this movie is it covers two holidays so you have an excuse to watch it twice in a year. Or more of course! If you’re looking to see Jack Skellington make his own Christmas with a Danny Elfman soundtrack, look no further and start this movie immediately.
- The Santa Clause (1994) (Available on Disney+)
- Tim Allen is a divorced father with a tough relationship with his son. He gets himself into a massive predicament which has him wondering if he can save Christmas. This touching film might have you rushing towards its sequels – all of which can be found on Disney+.
- Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas (1997) (Available on Disney+)
- It’s Christmas at the castle! Your Beauty and the Beast favorites gather around to enjoy the season but a pipe organ named Forte is not having it! Watch the castle transformed with all the magic that Disney has to offer!
- I’ll Be Home for Christmas (1998) (Available on Disney+)
- Ah, 1998. The year reminds us of boy bands, butterfly clips and of course, JTT. Jonathan Taylor Thomas joins a classic coming of age story that has him learning about the importance of family.
- Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmas (1999) (Available on Disney+)
- The holiday season is about finding what truly is important to you. Mickey, Minnie and the whole gang reminisce about just that in this fun Christmas film.
- Disney’s A Christmas Carol (2009) (Available on Disney+)
- Scrooge takes a different form in this film through Jim Carrey. If you decide to go on A Christmas Carol binge, add this 2009 version to your list!
- Noelle (2019) (Available on Disney+)
- A new film taking Disney+ by storm, it’s Noelles’ turn to save Christmas when her brother Nick runs away from his future Christmas responsibilities! Check out this hilarious holiday film and find out if Nick makes it back in time!
There is something different for everyone in each film. You are sure to find one that is sure to bring your family together after a long Christmas day. Whatever you choose, enjoy being with those you hold dear and have a Merry Christmas!
Photo From: Disney
- Celebrating the 15th Anniversary of Expedition Everest - April 9, 2021
- Everything We Know about the Disneyland Reopening - April 6, 2021
- Celebrate the 56th Anniversary of The Sound of Music with these 10 Facts! - April 2, 2021