This holiday season decorate your tree or treat your friends with a little hand made present like this Mickey & Minnie mason jar ornaments!
They are fun and easy to make! All you need is stock paper, ribbon, glue gun, scissors, pencil, ruler and mason jars. Plus you can fill them up with a variety of sweet treats of your choice!
- Red, black and white stock paper
- Glue gun
- Hole puncher (optional)
- Mason Jars
- Ribbon (If you are also making a Minnie Mouse ornament)
- Step 1: First you want to make the strips to make Mickey’s signature shorts around the jar of your red stock paper. Use a ruler to measure it and draw a faint line. You want your strips to be 2 inches tall and 6 inches across. Cur your strips, now take your strip and place it around the jar. Hot glue the strip at each end together.
- Step 2: For the buttons you can the printout guide. Trace the guide on the white stock paper for the buttons. Glue the buttons onto the red strip in the center about 1/2 inch apart.
- Step 3: For the Mickey ears, you can print out the guide on stock paper or use a printout to trace around your black stock paper. After cutting your ears you want to slightly cut the bottom of your war to slide on the side of the mason jar lid after adding the glue to it.
- Step 4: For the Minnie option, you can purchase small already made bows or make your own with ribbon. I used a wired ribbon which helped shaped that perfect Minnie bow. Make sure to glue the bows onto the ears with hot glue.
- Step 5: And now just fill the jars with your favorite treats! You can do candy, cookies, a mixture of hot cocoa, brownie mix, etc. The possibilities are endless with these cute jars.
- Step 6: This is completely optional. If the lids you are using come a small hole you can just turn them into ornaments by adding a cute string to them. If they didn’t, you can make one by taking a drill and making a small hole in it. Take some twine, make a nice knot on it and pass it through the hole to turn your jar into an ornament. Super cute and simple to make!
Credit: Disney Family
- Disney World Newest Rhino Calf Ranger Joins The Kilimanjaro Safari! - February 26, 2021
- Foodie Guide To 2021 Taste Of EPCOT Flower & Garden Festival - February 25, 2021
- 3 Disney World Rides That Will Be Changing Soon - February 21, 2021