Walt Disney was an innovative thinker. He left quite a legacy to this world, including Disney World and Disneyland and the entire Disney franchise. He was a wise man and also left so many inspiring quotes we can live by. I think during hard times it’s easy to lose sight and get down, but we need to remind ourselves we are strong, and can and will get through this. I hope you can pull some strength or inspiration from some of his most famous quotes that are fitting during this time.
- “All the adversities I’ve had in my life, all my troubles have strengthened me. You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.” Right now life has changed for many people in very unexpected ways. I think it is good to hold on to the hope that there can be growth through the struggle.
- “Why worry? If you’ve done the very best you can, worrying won’t make it any better.” We can only do the best we can do through this. Worry isn’t going to make any of this change but doing our part to get through this will make a difference.
- “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” Now is the time. Learn that thing you have been putting off because you don’t usually have the time. Clean that garage, or take up the hobby you have been putting aside.
- “First think. Second Dream. Third, Believe. And finally, Dare.” I think Walt would want us all to be brave and try to figure out ways we can help. I was talking to my uncle over Easter and found out he was able to design a face mask his company can create and were able to hire more people to help manufacture. He put his mind to it and dared to do what needed to be done and that was inspiring to me. This was Walt’s kind of thinking that nothing is impossible.
- “There is great comfort and inspiration in the feeling of close human relationships and its bearing on our mutual fortunes – a powerful force, to overcome the “tough breaks” which are certain to come to most of us from time to time.” Right now our relationships are what we need to hold on to, to help us all collectively get through this situation. It might look different, not physically close but pressing us to have a different kind of connection with people and reach out in ways maybe we haven’t before. But during hard times is when we need to cling to the community around us to see us through.
- “If you’ve never failed you have never tried anything new.” With so much changing with job situations and security, look at this as a time to maybe try something new.
- “That’s the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up.” Remember to still find joy in life through this. Spend more time with your kids, enjoy the little things. Have fun watching some of your favorite Disney movies, we all need to be a kid at heart sometimes.
- “Laughter is America’s most important export.” Don’t forget to laugh. Laughter can be some of the best medicine.
- “To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here, age relives fond memories of the past … and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America… with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Walt always knew America is strong and will persevere. He also knew the importance of having a happy place and enjoying life. Self-care is important and there are so many things we can do to love on ourselves and on our Country, now and when we get through this to boost it better than ever.
- “If you can dream it, you can do it.” My all-time favorite Walt quote. I have this one on a shirt. It’s a great reminder to just never give up.
Let us know what is your favorite Walt Disney quote? What’s helping you through this time? We would love to hear from our Disney Addict Community.
Source & Photos Courtesy: Disney
- The Backstory of Disney’s Carousel of Progress - May 21, 2020
- 5 Delicious Disney Star Wars Oga’s Cantina Drinks You Can Make At Home - May 14, 2020
- Top 5 Restaurants You Must Check Out When Disney Springs Reopens - May 11, 2020