As us Disney Addicts know – taking a trip to Walt Disney World is NOT a cheap endeavor – is it worth it for all the magic and amazing memories and experiences? OF COURSE – but for magic that great, it’s NOT cheap! One way I like to save a bit of money at Disney is to take advantage of the FREEBIES they offer! Check out these 10 Disney World souvenirs that are not only amazing, but they are also totally free!
1. Celebration Buttons: Head to Guest Services at one of the Disney Theme Parks or Resorts for your pin(s) – whether you’re celebrating a birthday, your first Disney trip, an engagement or wedding, or anything else at all – you can wear it proudly with one of these. Cast Members take notice of them and like to make a fuss over you too – which may be embarrassing for some, but it’s also nice and a great way to celebrate!
2. License To Drive (With Dumbo!): when you arrive at Dumbo The Flying Elephant (a must ride for the young ones AND the young at heart!) ask the Cast Member for your very own operator’s “license” – it’s just something little but it’s really a cute thing they do to bring even more Magic to your trip
3. Tomorrowland Speedway License: Speaking of a license to drive, after grabbing your Dumbo license, head over to The Tomorrowland Speedway for one too – just ask a Cast Member for a driver’s license prior to riding
4. Belle Bookmark: those who pay a visit to Belle at Enchanted Tales with Belle in Fantasyland will not only get to help re-tell the “Tale as old as time”, but they will get an autographed bookmark to take home, too!
5. Wilderness Explorer Field Guide: When you’re visiting Disney’s Animal Kingdom you’ll want to be sure to pick one of these up – it’s an activity filled book inspired by the movie “Up” – and the book leads you around to different Wilderness Explorer stops throughout the park to collect sticker “badges”, and if you collect all 31 badges, you’ll get a completion badge at the end of the day (and you just might learn some awesome facts about animals and their habitats along the way!)
6. Transportation Trading Cards: Available on Disney buses, boats and monorails – these free collectible cards include unique facts and trivia which is perfect for passing time while waiting in line. Not all drivers have these, but it’s worth asking for a chance to start a unique (and FREE!) Disney collection
7. Park Maps: Maybe these aren’t considered a “souvenir” to everyone, but I know I personally love collecting them to bring home from each Park. It’s fun seeing how they change over the years, and I also love using them in unique ways – like crafting them into Drink Coasters or Picture Frames, or using them as a background for your very own Trip momento display
8. Kidcot Fun Stop Cards: Over in Epcot’s World Showcase, you’ll find a “Kidcot Fun Stop” in each country’s pavilion, where you can learn about the country and decorate a small card themed to that country. It’s a great way for the kids to learn something while on vacation, as well as get a keepsake to bring home with them, too!
9. Character Autographs: Collecting signatures from your favorite characters is an amazing (free) souvenir that will last for years to come. You can do it in a bunch of different ways – a standard autograph book or special notebook is always an option, or you can have them sign a photo mat (to then hold a framed photo from your trip to hang up at home!), a pillowcase/plain t-shirt, or you can bring along the Disney Character Encyclopedia and let each character sign “their” page
10. Trip Photos: I saved the best for last here, as the photos I take are by far my favorite souvenir from all of my Disney World vacations – I love looking back on the smiles and memories my family has made over the years, and for me it just doesn’t get any better than those precious snapshots
And then, of course – there are always the memories from the trip – do those count as a free souvenir? May seem corny, but I think they do! Aside from collecting some of these awesome free souvenirs, there are tons of ways you can save on your Disney World trips – check out some Disney money saving tips here.
Latest posts by Catie H (see all)
- How To Handle The Crowds At Disney World - October 16, 2019
- 10 FREE Souvenirs You Can Find At Walt Disney World - October 8, 2019
- Top “Disney Dream” Sweet Treats - October 1, 2019