Summer has arrived and at Walt Disney World and this can only mean one thing, a slew of new tasty treats are now on offer at the theme parks and resorts. It’s shaping up to be a delicious Summer and to point you in the right direction we thought we’d share with you this delightful list of our favorite June bites!
1. Hallelujah Biscuit – Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin’ – (pictured above) In case you haven’t heard, Chef Art Smith’s at Disney Springs will begin offering a Southern Brunch starting on June 24, 2018 on Sundays from 10 a.m to 2 p.m. The menu items are nothing short of spectacular. That’s why we thought we’d start the list with one of our favorites. The Hallelujah Biscuit is comprised of an open-faced big biscuit topped with Chef Art’s famous fried chicken, two fried eggs, pimento cheese, and pecan-smoked bacon smothered in sawmill gravy.
2. Bacon & Pecan Doughnuts – Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin’ – Did someone say house-made doughnuts!? Those lucky enough to enjoy the new Sunday brunch at Art Smith’s in Disney Springs won’t want to miss a chance to try this delectable new offering. These beauties are topped with Bacon & Pecans and drizzled with caramel. Or you may instead want to opt Rise N’ Shine sugar doughnuts served with a spiced cane syrup and seasonal fruit.
3. Philly Cheese Steak Hot Diggity Dog – Casey’s Corner – Hot dog fans will definitely want to try the June Hot Diggity Dog of the Month being served up at Casey’s Corner on Main Street U.S.A in the Magic Kingdom. This tasty treat comes topped with roast beef, sauteed peppers, onions and cheese sauce!
4. Italian Sausage Hoagie – Dino Diner – Speaking of hot dogs, next time you’re in Dinoland U.S.A be sure to stop by the Dino Diner and give this new menu item a try. This yummy new Italian Sausage Hoagie is topped with sauteed peppers and onions and served with a side of potato chips.
5. Cold Brew Cocktails & Kalua Pork Sliders – Oasis Bar and Grill – The new additions to the menu at Oasis Bar & Grill at Disney’s Polynesian Resort have us pretty darn excited. Enjoy the succulent tastes of the islands while tucking into some Kalua Pork Sliders while sipping on some of the new cold brew cocktails on offer. Varieties include the Seven Seas Salty Caramel Cold Brew which comes with vodka, coffee liqueur and a caramel garnish. There’s also the Island Java-rita cold brew. This coffee margarita comes with premium tequila, orange liqueur and flavors of mango guava and ginger. There’s also the Tahitian Vanilla Cold Brew with Irish cream, vanilla and whipped cream.
6. Meat Lovers Pastry Turnover – BoardWalk Bakery – Those staying at one of Walt Disney World’s magnificent Epcot resorts will definitely want to pop into the BoardWalk Bakery to sample the Meat Lovers Pastry Turnover. This savory treat comes with scrambled eggs, ham, pork sausage, jalapenos and creme fraiche. Vegetarians can opt for the Vegetarian Pastry Turnover which comes with scrambled eggs, spinach, basil, piquillo peppers and creme fraiche.
7. Wild Halibut Cioppino – Artist Point – We highly recommend this Signature Dining restaurant at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge resort and this new addition to the menu is sure to please! This Cioppino serves two and comes with clams, mussels, bay scallops, Carolina gold rice, pigeon peas and baby fennel.
8. Chocolate Caramel Mousse – Roaring Fork – For those staying at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, satisfy your sweet tooth with a visit to Roaring Fork where you can indulge in the devilishly decadent Chocolate Caramel Mousse. We think it goes perfect with a cup of coffee!
9. Bacon Cheeseburger – Rix Sports Bar & Grill – This Coronado Springs watering hole is back bigger and better than ever and with new menu items that are sure to delight. A highlight has to be the Bacon Cheeseburger which is topped with crispy onion straws, peppered thick-cut bacon, tomato, lettuce and your choice of cheese!
10. Turkey and Brie Sandwich – Rix Sports Bar & Grill – Another new menu item we can’t wait for you to try at this Coronado Springs Table Service eatery is the Turkey and Brie Sandwich. We guarantee that you’ll love the tender turkey breast, melt in your mouth brie and the cranberry dressing. The sandwich also comes with Rix’s tasty waffle fries.
If you’re visiting Walt Disney World in the days or weeks ahead be sure to give some of the tasty dishes on our list a try. Advanced reservations for Rix Sports Bar & Grill and Artist Point are strongly encouraged and can be made by calling 407.WDW.DINE.
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with Disney Addicts for the latest in Walt Disney World tasty treats!
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Click here for your FREE no obligation quote or fill out the form at the bottom of this page!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Images copyright Disney.
Latest posts by Melissa Roden (see all)
- Are Walt Disney World’s Resorts Dog Friendly? - August 14, 2018
- When are the Best Dates To Visit Disneyland In 2019? - August 13, 2018
- What’s Included If I Book a Club-Level Room at Walt Disney World? - August 13, 2018