This weekend marks the exciting opening of Wine Bar George. This wine bar found in The Landing Area of Disney Springs is the creation of renowned wine expert George Miliotes. A native Floridian and a celebrity in the wine world, George is one of only 249 Master Sommeliers in the World. This makes Wine Bar George the only wine bar in Florida owned by a Master Sommelier. But that’s not the only reason to be excited about this incredible new watering hole. In fact, there’s so much to love about Wine Bar George that we here at Disney Addicts thought we’d share with you six things that already have us talking!
1. 135 Wines on Offer – Let’s cut right to the chase, Wine Bar George is a wine lovers paradise. Guests can enjoy 135 wines by the ounce, glass and bottle in a wide range of prices, vintages and varietals. The list features an eclectic mix of options from both celebrated wineries to up-and-coming wineries.
2. Incredible Eats – At the helm in the kitchen at Wine Bar George is Executive Chef Ron Rupert. The idea behind the menu is to create menu items that pair wonderfully with the wines on offer, with flavors from around the world. Some of the highlights of the menu include Crispy Mac & Cheese Bites (pictured above), Grilled Octopus with Lemon Vinaigrette, Porchetta Spiced Pork Cheeks and Grilled Whole Greek Sea Bass. Be sure to save room for dessert as well as offerings like the Olive Oil Cake are sure to delight!
3. Walk-up Window Featured Delightful Picnic Baskets and More! – For those that prefer to pick up items on the go, you are in luck as Wine Bar George has a pick-up window aptly named The Basket. One of the highlights of a stop here is a chance to indulge in special picnic baskets that will accommodate 2 or 4 guests. For $80 for a party of two, guests get a picnic basket brimming with goodies including olives, hummus, cheese, chocolate chip cookies, a baguette, a carafe of wine and a couple of glasses. Our favorite thing about this treat is that you actually can take the basket home with you making it perfect for future picnics. There is 4 person version comes in slightly more expensive at $110. Other offerings at The Baskets include wines by the glass, sweet treats and lite bites.
4. Rustic Decor – From the moment you walk into Wine Bar George you’ll be calmed by the cozy, homey and rustic feel of the property. The wine bar seats up to 200 guests. It was designed to evoke the feeling of a winemaker’s home complete with terrace seating that offers breathtaking views of Disney Springs and the waterfront stage.
5. Weekly Events Exclusively for DVC Members – Each Tuesday from 3:30 pm – 5:00pm there will be a special wine tasting experience for DVC members that will include a sample of 6 different wines from well known as well as up-and-coming wineries. These intimate events are designed to accommodate up to 30 DVC members. Each week will feature a different collection of wines which are paired with a sample of cheese and a charcuterie. The cost to attend is $45 with a maximum of 6 people in your party. In addition for $110 per person, Wine Bar George will also host monthly dinners on a select Wednesday from 6-8pm. These events will be hosted by George Miliotes with a guest winemaker (when available). The event includes a 3-course dinner with wine pairing.
These are just a few of the many reasons that we think Wine Bar George is a must-do for wine lovers visiting Walt Disney World in the weeks and months ahead. Readers are encouraged to keep following along with our sister site Chip and Co. for the latest Wine Bar George news and updates.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019