The Halloween Season at Disneyland Resort officially kicks off in just a few short weeks with the return of Mickey’s Halloween Party. This special ticketed evening event will be held on select nights from September 20th – October 31st. Each year Disneyland really outdoes itself with this spooky celebration. To give you just a taste of all the delightfully frightful things in store, here’s our list of 10 reasons why we can’t wait for this year’s Halloween Party.
1. Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy – Each year this classic indoor coaster gets a Halloween overlay. As visitors make their way through the scary twists and turns of Space Mountain ghosts appear to try and pluck riders from their seats. Add to this an eerie soundtrack and piercing screams and you have a bone-chilling Halloween-themed update to this classic coaster. Good news for those not going during a Halloween Party, all guests are able to enjoy this seasonal attraction from September 15 – October 31st.
2. Halloween Screams Fireworks – The perfect Halloween treat for party guests, Jack Skellington and his dog Zero host this nighttime fireworks display that features a spooky soundtrack, flames, pyrotechnics, and castle projections featuring some of your favorite Disney Villains including Ursula and Maleficent! So stake out your spot in front of Sleepy Beauty Castle good and early as this is sure to be the highlight of your evening. Party tickets are required for this event.
3. Frightfully Fun Parade – Back for a second year, this exclusive Halloween Party parade will offer even more ghosts, ghouls and other things that go bump-in-the-night. Jack Skellington makes the special journey from Halloweentown to get guests into the festive spirit, grim grinning ghosts from the Haunted Mansion come out to socialize and Dr. Facilier uses his powers to summon Shadow Men from the bayou. Other baddies are on hand including Hades, the Evil Queen, Cruella, Jafar and many more!
4. Blue Bayou Halloween Party Dining Package – The mysterious New Orleans charm of this Disneyland eatery makes it the perfect dining spot for those wanting a tasty meals while at the Halloween Party with VIP viewing of the Frightfully Fun Parade. Available to book only during the Mickey’s Halloween Party this wickedly tasty package includes a 3-course prix-fixe dinner (starter, entree and dessert) as well as voucher providing access to a reserved viewing area for the parade. Dining options will include pan seared salmon, citrus-marinated chicken breasted, bone-in rib eye and herb crusted rack of lamb to name a few. The cost for this exclusive dining event i s $69 per adult and $29 per child. Spots are expected to book up quickly and open 60 days in advance. Guests are encouraged to book as early as possible by calling 714.781.DINE.
5. Ride of the Headless Horseman – A part of the Frightfully Fun Parade so spooky that it deserves its own number on our list! Each party night, the parade kicks off with the Headless Horseman charging down Main Street, U.S.A on his shadowy steed with a Jack-O-Lantern in hand. Its sets the tone for the amazing display of ghosts and ghouls that follows and is an exclusive to guests visiting on Party nights.
6. Trick or Treat Stations – Does it get any better than trick-or-treating with Disneyland as your playground? That exactly what you can do each year during Mickey’s Halloween Party. At the start of the party, all guests will be handed a souvenir treat bag. As you explore the park, you can find trick-or-treat stations located throughout where cast members will be handing out a tasty array of tried-and-true Halloween favorites. You’ll be surprised at how much candy you’ll amass!
7. Villains Square – A highlight of Mickey’s Halloween Party is the opportunity that it provides visitors to meet some of your favorite Disney baddies. Held in the middle of Town Square in Disneyland, a variety of Villains will assemble including Cruella, Evil Queen and Maleficent. Each year this character meet and greet proves wildly popular so visitors should arrive early or expect lengthy wait times. But the amazing pictures and autographs you’ll get as a result makes it well worth it.
8. New Souvenir PhotoPass Options – New for this year, Disneyland will also be offering souvenir Disney PhotoPass photos that will be taken during the event, providing the perfect way to remember your spooky Halloween celebration. This will include unlimited PhotoPass downloads. Not a lot of official details have been released regarding this new offering but it certainly has us excited. Keep following along with DisneyAddicts for the latest updates.
9. Ability to visit both Disneyland Parks – This is a new benefit added to this year’s party that has us pretty darn excited. This year visitors purchasing tickets to Mickey’s Halloween Party will be allowed to visit both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure Park with their special event ticket. Entry to either park will begin 3 hours before the party’s designated start time.
10. Haunted Mansion Holiday – We wanted to end this list on a high note so here one of the things we love most about Mickey’s Halloween Party. Starting on September 15th and running until early January 2018, the Haunted Mansion will be transformed into a magical playground for Jack Skellington, Sally, Oogie Boogie and the rest of The Nightmare Before Christmas with this Tim Burton-esque overlay. This attraction is available for guests to enjoy during regular park hours or during Mickey’s Halloween Party beginning on September 15th.
The official dates of this year’s party are as follows:
- September: 20, 22, 25, 27 and 29
- October: 3, 6, 10, 13, 17, 20, 24, 27, and 31
Start times vary depending on dates. Prices range from $95 – $120 per ticket. Tickets can be purchasing online at disneyland.com. Parties have been known to sell out so those hoping to attend are encouraged to book as early as possible.
Thinking about a visit to Disneyland this Autumn? Fill out our form below to receive your FREE quote.
Do you find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I love sharing tips and tricks with my clients to help them get the most out of their time at the parks. I can also help you find your perfect package, make dining reservations and work with you to come up with special ways to make your Disney days truly unique. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. You’d pay the same as if you were to book directly with Disney.
Image copyright Disney.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019