Yes, it’s Valentine’s Day. If you’re someone trying to scrounge up the perfect movie-date but are unsure where to start – or you’re looking for a lovey-dovey film for the night, you’ve come to the right place.
- Cinderella (1950)
- There has to be a classic princess film on this list! Cinderella works her tail off every single day, she deserves a date night! Cute animal friends, one of the best “glow-ups” in cinema – this film has everything you need to enjoy this Valentine’s Day!
- Boy Meets World: S5 E15 – First Girlfriends’ Club (1998)
- Not a happy episode, but Valentine’s Day one – and I’m a sucker for a theme! What has Corey done now!? Watch as Corey tries to right his wrongs with Topanga on this special themed episode.
- The Lizzie McGuire Movie (2003)
- Looking for nostalgia? The Lizzie McGuire Movie is ready to send you back to the early 2000’s with a classic will-they / wont-they between Lizzie and Gordo.
- The Simpsons: S4 E15 – I Love Lisa (1993)
- Simpsons fans, please choo-choo-choose this episode. If you are new to the Simpsons, you do not have to be caught up to enjoy this episode!
- The Aristocats (1970)
- A single feline mother raising 3 kittens, and one dashing tom-cat. Not exactly what you’d expect in a Valentine’s Day suggestion but one you will certainly enjoy none-the-less. There is romance, adventure, and jazz – the perfect recipe for a light-hearted flick.
- The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement (2004)
- If you haven’t seen Princess Diaries, go back and watch the first one. It is fantastic and has its own abundance of romance. As for The Princess Diaries 2, the whole movie is about the courting between Anne Hathaway and Chris Pine. Also, see if you can spot an appearance by Marvel hero, Stan Lee!
- 10 Things I Hate About You (1999)
- Oh, 90’s High School Rom-Coms, you’ve stood the test of time. If you love movies where Shakesphere has been reinvented, check out this adaption of The Taming of the Shrew. Dated outfits and bleacher serenades – this movie has it all. For fans that have seen this film before, enjoy it! And for those that are discovering it for the first time, watch out for Heath Ledger’s eyes. You will get lost in them. You’ve been warned.
- WALL•E (2008)
- Sci-fi fan looking for your film? WALL-E is adorable and the perfect film for you to enjoy. Watch our favorite robot work to win over EVE and maybe discover something more than love!
- Recess: S3 E12 – My Funny Valentines (1999)
- If you’re over this holiday, you’re not the only one. TJ is looking for a way to celebrate without celebrating the dreaded day of love. Will he get himself into more trouble than he realizes?
- Pocahontas (1995)
- Willing to go up against your family to save the one you love? Pocahontas makes her feelings known when it comes to what she thinks is right and wrong. John Smith and Pocahontas show love at first sight and are determined to not let anything come between them… except *SPOILERS*… an ocean.
There are plenty of different options on this list for you to choose depending on you or your partner’s mood! Whatever you decide, these flicks are a great way to spend your Valentine’s day!
Latest posts by Danielle H (see all)
- 4 Places You Can You Find Your Inner-Muppet at Walt Disney World - February 21, 2020
- 7 Facts to Celebrate Cinderella’s 70th Anniversary - February 18, 2020
- 10 Valentines Day Flicks to Enjoy on Disney+ - February 14, 2020