If you’re thinking about sailing the seas with Disney in 2018 or 2019 and have Star Wars fans in your family then you’ll definitely want to look into one of Disney Cruise Line’s amazing sailings that offer a Star Wars Day at Sea. These celebrations are a fantastic way for Star Wars fans of all ages to dress up as their favorite characters and watch as these movies come to life with a range of fun activities and special onboard offerings.
To give you just a taste of the amazing out-of-this-world adventures that await, here’s our list of 10 incredible ways that guests can join in on the intergalactic fun during select January – April sailings.
1. Dig out those Star Wars costumes. Half the fun of embarking on a cruise with a Star Wars Day at Sea is the chance to dress up as your favorite characters. We promise the onboard activities will bring out your inner droid, Wookiee or Stormtrooper. Little kids looking for the perfect way to complete their look can also pay a visit to Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique where they will be offering special Star Wars-themed makeovers.
2. Catch up on the Star Wars films. Relive the moments from your favorite Star Wars films or catch up on a movie from the Saga that you may have missed. In the lead-in to the Star Wars Day at Sea, the Buena Vista Theater on board your ship will be recapping the films including Star Wars: The Last Jedi.
3. Mingle with Other Star Wars fans. There are plenty of great opportunities for families to mingle with other Star Wars fans from around the globe. These include a family costume party in the ship’s central atrium as well as a special Star Wars-themed deck party.
4. Rub shoulders with some of your favorite Disney characters – One of the things we here at Disney Addicts love most about Star Wars Day at Sea sailings is the opportunities to meet some of your favorite characters from the films. Characters you’ll encounter onboard include C-3PO, R2-D2, Darth Vader and Chewbacca. Guests should also note that character encounters are bookable in advance and will sell-out. Try to book as early as possible at disneycruise.com.
5. Revel in the magic of Star Wars-themed fireworks at Sea – The whole Star Wars Day at Sea experience culminates in a breathtaking nighttime fireworks show at Sea. The pyrotechnics are coordinated to John Williams’ iconic score. This breathtaking display will definitely be a moment your family will talk about for years to come.
6. Square off against Darth Vader – Young Padawans have long been clamouring to enjoy the famous Jedi Training Academy at Hollywood Studios and now Disney is bringing the fun to the High Seas. During this interactive show, your little ones can don Jedi robes, be schooled in the ways of the Force and use their new-found skills to square off against Darth Vader and Kylo Ren.
7. Watch the Star Wars Saga come to life on-stage – During the “Summon the Force” deck celebration fans can unleash the Force with a series of games, music and a special space-aged dance party. Cruisers will be “wowed” by the stunts, special effect and the impressive crew of favorite Star Wars characters there to join in on the fun.
8. Make new friends while at sea. These cruise itineraries are perfect for a bit of socializing. Not only will you get to meet other kids and families through an amazing array of fun and interactive activities but you never know what Star Wars friends you’ll find at every turn. From Stormtroopers, Jawas, and Rebels to C-3P0 you never know who you’ll bump into next!
9. Chart a course for family adventure. Bond with your family over Star Wars with all of the amazing special activities for families. There’s droid racing in the atrium. a chance to draw your favorite Star Wars characters as well as a chance to help Chewbacca round up mischevious Porgs that have been wreaking havoc throughout the ship.
10. Sign your little ones up for Resistance Training. Head on over to Star Wars: Command Post to sign your kids up for an exclusive action-packed training adventure with members of the Resistance. Here young Jedis-in-the-making will learn how to hone in their skills before going toe-to-toe with First Order Stormtroopers.
Star Wars Days at Sea are available on the following 2018 and 2019 sailings:
7-Night Eastern Caribbeans Sailings:
- March 24, 2018
- April 7, 2018
- January 12, 2019
- January 26, 2019
- February 9, 2019
- February 23, 2019
7-Night Western Caribbean Sailings:
- March 17, 2018
- March 31, 2018
- April 14, 2018
- January 5, 2019
- January 19, 2019
- February 2, 2019
- February 16, 2019
- March2, 2019
Read below to find out how you can get your FREE quote and star planning your Disney getaway at sea.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect itinerary and stateroom to nabbing the best rates. I also love sharing tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your time at Sea. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started Now for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
- How Does Lost and Found Work at Disney World? - December 19, 2021
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019