A visit to Walt Disney World has something to offer kids of all ages and interests. No longer is it just about Mickey Mouse or other classic Disney characters. As a matter of fact, over the years, Disney has undergone a bit of a galactic transformation and offers an incredible array of fun offerings for Star Wars fans. So if your a follower of this much-loved film franchise then be sure to set aside some time to enjoy some of the incredible Star Wars themed activities you’ll find at Disney’s Hollywood Studios!
1. Star Tours – This indoor flight simulator puts you right in the middle of the Star Wars action and is being constantly updated to include the latest scenes from the films. Guests board a Starspeeder 1000 and jump into Hyperspace in this 3D attraction where you’ll come face to face with R2-D2, Darth Vader and even recent additions like BB-8, Poe and Maz Kanata. The ride constantly changes up the scenes which also means that you are unlikely to get the same ride twice!
2. Build a Light Saber – When you exit the Star Tours ride, be sure to spend some time at Tatooine Traders where you’ll find an impressive array of Star Wars merchandise and collectables. Our favorite is the make-your-own lightsaber station where you can choose between a wide array of customizations to make a weapon that is one-of-a-kind!
3. Dine on the Dark Side – The perfect lunch or dinnertime treat for Star Wars fans, head on over to the Backlot Express at Hollywood Studios to sample the Dark Side Chicken and Waffles. This meal comes with Darth Vader Waffles topped with Chicken breast nuggets and served with a side of Maple Syrup! It’s a treat that’s hard to resist and can be yours for $11.49.
4. Feel The Force with this Evening Fireworks Display – Be sure to stick around at Hollywood Studios until night falls for this special Star Wars-themed treat. “Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular” combines special effects, video projections, fireworks, lasers and more for a nighttime event you’ll never forget. The spectacular recreates scenes from the Star Wars films including the twin suns of Tatooine, a field of battle droids and the trenches of the Death Star with dramatic vignettes set to familiar sounds of the films’ incredible soundtracks. Grab your Times Guide and be sure to stick around for this out-of-this-world send-off!
5. Give the Ultimate Gift with the Star Wars Rebel Adventure – If you’re heading to Disney to celebrate a special occasion for the Star Wars-lover in your family, we’ve got the ultimate surprise. The Star Wars Rebel Adventure package is a special in-room celebration by Disney Floral and Gifts that sends recipients off on an interstellar adventure. After a long day at the parks, your Star Wars fan will come back to the room to find that The Rebel Alliance infiltrated your guest room leaving gear and tech to help you lead a secret mission for the Rebellion. Use your Star Wars app on your smartphone to liaise with Ezra Bridger who will guide you through an undercover mission. You’ll slip on the Imperial Security Offer disguise and head to Star Tours to locate hidden data. Once you complete you’ll have the key to unlock a secret box in your guestroom! This experience will set visitors back $500 and does not include admission to Hollywood Studios.
6. Become a VIP with the Star Wars Guided Tour – For $92.95 a person, your family can enjoy a day filled with Star Wars activities on this fun-filled tour. The adventure includes a screening of the movie, Star Wars: Path of the Jedi, viewings of A Galaxy Far, Far Away and March of the First Order shows, enrollment for your child in Jedi Training Academy: Trials of the Temple, a ride on Star Tours, lunch at Backlot Express, meet and greets with Kylo Ren and Chewbacca a visit to Star Wars Launch Bay and reserved viewing of the evening fireworks display. Spots fill up fast and advanced booking is strongly encouraged. Reservations can be made at 407.WDW.TOUR.
7. Polish Your Skills with Jedi Training Academy – There’s nothing that makes a Star Wars fan more proud than watching your son or daughter don their first Jedi robes and hold their own while going toe to toe with some formidable Star Wars baddies. That’s exactly what’s in store for young Padawans lucky enough to secure a spot for Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple. Located at Hollywood Studios, you can sign your little ones up first thing in the morning for performance slots. Shows occur regularly throughout the day. Warning though, Jedi Training sign-ups can reach Black Friday-like hysteria so its good to arrive at the park early and have an action plan.
8. Rub Shoulders with Some of Your Favorite Star Wars Friends – Star Wars fans won’t want to miss the chance to mingle with some of your favorite friends from The Last Jedi. Chewbacca can be found in an ancient temple within Star Wars: Launch Bay where he’ll be on hand to pose for photos and give you a big Wookiee hug. Guests can also follow the narrow corridors of a Resistance freighter where you’ll find BB8 who may just have a clue or two to help your cause. Or for those that prefer The Dark Side, you’ll find Kylo Ren complete with black robes and foreboding mask. All characters are available throughout the day from 9:00 am to 8:00pm. Be sure to have your cameras at the ready.
9. Attend the Ultimate Star Wars Celebration – If you’re a Star Wars fan then Disney’s Hollywood Studios is the place to be on May 27th where Disney pulls out all the stops for a night celebrating all things Star Wars. Guests can dine on amazing Star Wars treats, experience all of the attractions listed above, attend discussion panels where you’ll find out more about Disney’s plans for Galaxy’s Edge a new Star Wars-themed expansion coming to Hollywood Studios in 2019. This night is filled with surprises including rare character meet and greets, souvenirs and so much more. Best of all, you are encouraged to come dressed up as your favorite Star Wars characters. For more information on the activities happening at this year’s event and for information on how to get tickets be sure to check out this article.
These are just a few of the many ways that you can infuse your Disney visit with a bit of The Force! Readers are encouraged to keep following along with Disney Addicts and our sister site Chip and Co. for the latest in Star Wars news and updates.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and FastPass reservations. I also love sharing tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your time at the parks. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019