As we inch ever closer to the opening of Disneyland’s re-imagined Pixar Pier area this summer, Disneyland is starting to share more of the juicy details regarding all of the excitement that awaits visitors in 2018 and beyond. To get you up to speed on all of the incredible new attractions, re-imagined rides, fantastic new eateries and more, we thought we’d share 12 fabulous things we know about Pixar Pier so far!
1. California Screamin’ To Become New Incredibles-themed coaster – Slated to open in the summer of 2018, the Incredicoaster will transform California Screamin’ into a fun-filled race of Pixar-lie proportions. Guests can expect a mid-century-modern -style loading area where you board vehicles with a new look in keeping with the theming of The Incredibles films. Along the route, guests can expect new scenes, special effects and an exciting musical score that will combine to connect the story to Pixar’s “The Incredibles 2” sequel which will premiere nationwide on June 14, 2018.
2. Pixar Characters Added to Mickey’s Big Wheel – Though the giant Mickey face adorning the Big Wheel isn’t going anywhere, Disneyland has announced that they will make some subtle Pixar touches to tie in the whole theme fo the area. Each of the wheel’s 24 gondolas will showcase a different Pixar character.
3. New Themed Marquee – (pictured top) Guests will know they’ve officially arrived when greeted with a new marquee topped by the iconic Pixar lamp.
4. King Triton’s Carousel to Get A Toy Story Makeover – Disney announced this Spring that King Triton’s Carousel will be re-themed as Jessie’s Critter Carousel. The new merry-go-round will help connect Pixar Pier to Toy Story Mania. Disney has not yet announced an official opening date for this playful addition to the Pixar Pier line-up however we do know that it will be slightly later than the June 23rd Pixar Pier opening date.
5. Lemon Dole Whips May Be on Their Way to Disneyland – As part of the Pixar Pier transformation, the Paradise Pier Ice Cream Company will become Adorable Snowman Frosted Treats. Fans of Monsters Inc. will be pleased to know that lemon frozen treats will feature heavily on the new menu and we’ve even heard a rumor about Lemon Dole Whips!
6. A new unnamed “Inside Out” themed attraction is coming – This Pixar Pier news definitely has us the most excited of all! Disney announced that as part of the project, Paradise Pier will be divided up into four distinct neighborhoods with each one modelled after a different Pixar film. One of these areas will be devoted to “Inside Out” and will debut a brand new family-friendly attraction. The news released on the Pixar Pier project seems to suggest that this particular ride may be revealed at a slightly later date than the rest. Little else has been said about the attraction but its development is definitely something we’ll be following closely.
7. The Inside Out Theming Continues with the Angry Dog Hotdog Stand – Those looking to refuel while checking out the new sights and sounds of Pixar Pier will definitely want to try out this new eatery. The highlight of the menu will be (you guessed it) hotdogs!
8. Bing Bong Will Be Getting His Own Sweet Shop – It’s not a figment of your imagination! Disney announced that among the new shops and eateries at Pixar Pier will be a colorful sweet shop paying homage to this much loved Pixar character. We can’t wait to see what decadent treasures await!
9. Edna Mode Will Be Greeting Guests – If you love Edna from “The Incredibles” as much as we do then you’ll definitely be jazzed to hear that Edna will be present as a meet and greet character making the rounds at Pixar Pier! Be sure to have those cameras at the ready darling!
10. A Buzz Themed Churro Cart Will Be Serving Up Tasty Treats – Because when you’re at Disneyland you shouldn’t have to walk too far in search of a good churro. Senor Buzz Churros will be serving up these iconic theme park treats. We can’t wait to see what colorful flavors will be on the menu!
11. Pixar-themed Games To Be Introduced to Re-imagined Midway – Games of the Boardwalk will feature three new Pixar-themed games including:
- La Luna Star Catcher themed after the much loved Pixar Short will replace Goofy About Fishing
- Heimlich Candy Corn Toss will take over Casey at Bat
- Wall-E Space Spin will occupy the space that used to be Dumbo’s Bucket Brigade.
12. Turkey Legs with a Pixar Twist – Don Tomas Turkey Legs will be given a Pixar-style makeover and refashioned as the Poultry Palace. But don’t worry, the drumsticks will be as delicious as ever!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking your next Disney holiday with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I can help you plot out your perfect holiday, work with you to come up with unique ways to make your vacation truly your own, and ensure that you are always getting the best deals and discounts. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
Latest posts by Melissa Roden (see all)
- 13 Seasonal Shots You’ll Want to Be Sure to Capture During Your Halloween Disneyland Visit - September 26, 2018
- Its Discount Day! Disney Releases Play, Stay and Dine and Room Discount Offer for Early 2019 - September 26, 2018
- Fall-Flavored Treats You Have to Try at Downtown Disney in Disneyland Resort - September 25, 2018