For all you Disney-loving travellers we here at Disney Addicts are delighted to share the news of a new massive expansion set to be unveiled at Tokyo DisneySea in 2022. The park will add an eighth port filled with attractions from much-loved Disney films and so much more. This incredible theme park is the only Disney property inspired by the myths and legends of the sea and the expansion will join the other themed ports: Mediterranean Harbor, American Waterfront, Port Discovery, Lost River Delta, Arabian Coast Mermaid Lagoon and Mysterious Island.
There’s going to be such much to love about the eighth port that we guarantee you’ll start dreaming about a Disney-themed visit to Tokyo. Don’t believe us? Then check out 4 of the impressive changes coming to Tokyo DisneySea in the years to come.
1. Arendelle – (pictured above) For fans of Frozen this area of the new port will be love-at-first-sight. The setting takes you to Anna and Elsa’s kingdom after the events from the original film once the gates have been opened up to visitors. This new area of the park will feature a heartwarming new attraction that will take guests on a boat ride to experience the story of these beloved sisters while enjoying catchy songs from the hit film. There will also be a new themed restaurant inside Arendelle Castle.
2. Rapunzel’s Tower – Another new area will invite guests into settings you’ll recognize from Tangled. With Rapunzel’s Tower as the landmark, guests will board gondolas for a whimsical tour of Rapunzel’s “best day ever” as her and Flynn set off on a journey to see the lantern festival. This new area will also feature a restaurant inspired by the Snuggly Duckling.
3. Neverland – This Peter Pan-themed area will feature Captain Hook’s pirate ship and Skull Rock. The land will feature two new attractions. In the first, guests will fly over the jungles of Neverland with Peter Pan to rescue Wendy’s brother John from a battle with Captain Hook. The second attraction will transport guests to Pixie Hollow for a chance to meet Tinker Bell. This area will also feature a new eatery inspired by the Lost Boys.
4. Brand New Resort Hotel – As part of this momentous expansion Tokyo DisneySea will also unveil a brand new deluxe resort hotel. Themed to Disney fantasy, the hotel will rise above and the and around the gorgeous springs of the new themed port. It will feature 475 deluxe and luxury guest rooms, two restaurants and a merchandise shop.
So mark those calendars and start saving as Tokyo DisneySea’s new port is simply not to be missed! Readers are encouraged to keep following along with Disney Addicts and our sister site Chip and Co. for the latest in Tokyo Disneyland news and updates.
Thinking about a visit to Disney? There are still fantastic 2018 packages to be had and 2019 packages go on sale June 19th. Get a jump-start on your plans and fill out our form below to receive your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and FastPass reservations. I also love sharing tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your time at the parks. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
Latest posts by Disney Addicts Past Writers and Friends (see all)
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019