When many people think afternoon parade at Magic Kingdom, the Festival of Fantasy is usually the first thing that comes to mind. However, the park also has another special afternoon offering that we think first-time Disney visitors won’t want to miss. Here are 4 reasons why we think “Move It! Shake It! Dance & Play It!” would make a perfect addition to your Disney must-do list.
1. It’s more dance party than parade- The action kicks off at the Hub (near the Main Street Train Station as soon as you come into the park.) Guests will notice a handful of floats, Disney characters and entertainers giving the initial impression of a parade. But follow the procession up to the central hub near Cinderella Castle and what you get is something entirely different. Guests are encouraged to put on their dancing shoes and party the afternoon (or at least the next 20 minutes) away with much-loved Disney characters.
2. The characters – If character interactions are your thing then “Move It! Shake It!” is an absolute must do. Disney changes out the characters quite regularly making it a great opportunity to catch some of the more rare Disney friends that you won’t find elsewhere in the theme parks. Making the rounds when we were there were Genie from Aladdin, Nick Wild and Judy Hopps from Zootopia, Frozone and Mr Incredible from The Incredibles. Stitch, Woody, Jessie and of course Mickey and friends. During this street party, the characters really take the time to engage with audiences making for some pretty amazing memories not to mention photos.
3. It’s interactive – For each performance of “Move It! Shake It!” guests are encouraged to join in the fun. During the dance numbers, The large screens featured on the floats will show the lyrics to the songs so that visitors can sing along. In addition, guests who post pictures of themselves during the party and post them on social media with the #MoveItShakeItPics may have their selfies featured on the float screens.
4. There are several performances throughout the day – For most visiting Magic Kingdom, our days can be jammed pack and trying to squeeze in another stage show or attraction can be tricky. Luckily “Move It! Shake It!” typically offers 3 shows per day (on most dates) with the current schedule showing performances at 11:30, 4:45, 6:00. Having three great chances to join in on the fun makes it easier than ever to work it into your Disney day.
So next time you’re at the Magic Kingdom, take a bit of time out in the afternoon to join in on this fun, interactive street party filled with singing, dancing and larger than life characters. We hope to see you there!
Click here for your FREE no obligation quote!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking your next Disney holiday with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I can help you plot out your perfect holiday, work with you to come up with unique ways to make your holiday truly your own, and make sure that you are always getting the best deals and discounts (even after you’ve booked.) Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started Now for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
- How Does Lost and Found Work at Disney World? - December 19, 2021
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019