What a Christmas it is shaping up to be at Walt Disney World this year with most of Disney’s theme parks as well as Disney Springs already announcing plans to pull out all of the stops to make this a Disney Christmas visitors won’t soon forget. To give you just a taste of all of the fantastic things coming to Disney World this holiday season, here’s our list of 8-holiday happenings that have us pretty excited…
1. Sunset Seasons Greetings –Hollywood Studios will be premiering a brand new seasonal offering that will see Sunset Boulevard transformed into a Winter Wonderland. Highlights include a projection show on the Tower of Terror featuring Toy Story characters, Minnie and Minnie in a Norman Rockwell-inspired vignette, The Muppets as well as everyone’s favorite snowman Olaf! The show will run each evening from November 9th until December 31st.
2. Christmas Tree Trail – This delightful addition to the Disney Springs Christmas line-up will be back for its second year this December (2017). The trail this year will feature an impressive 25 Christmas trees for visitors to view each with a fabulous Disney theme. Disney Springs is promising that the trees will be even bigger than last year’s offerings and will feature themes from such Disney classic films as Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, Peter Pan, and Dumbo. If you’re visiting Disney this holiday season you’ll definitely want to head over to Disney’s Downtown Shopping District to check it out.
3. Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas – Nothing says Christmas at Disney like this special Magic Kingdom ticketed evening event running on select nights throughout the holiday season. This party is jam-packed with festive fun and special party offerings that include a Frozen-themed castle lighting ceremony, Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration stage show, Holiday Wishes fireworks and Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade. Oh, and did we mention that they make it snow on Main Street and hand out complimentary cocoa!?
This year’s party will take place on the following dates:
November 9 (sold out) 10, 12, 14, 16, 17, 26, and 28
December 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, 15, 17, 19, 21, and 22
Tickets for the party range from $89 – $109 depending on the dates and can be purchased online at disneyworld.com.
4. Holiday Food Booths as Part of Epcot Festival of the Holidays – Culinary treats and Epcot go hand-in-hand no matter what time of year, that’s why we’re delighted at the news that 15 Holiday Kitchens will open around the World Showcase in the lead-in to Christmas. Guests will be able to snack on seasonal favorites like snowflake sugar cookies, warm apple fritters, cinnamon ice cream and more.
5. Chip & Dale’s Christmas Tree Spree Scavenger Hunt – Another addition to Epcot’s Festival of the Holidays line-up, this special holiday scavenger hunt is designed with the little ones in mind. Guests are invited to scour the World Showcase helping Chip and Dale find ornaments for their Christmas Tree. Like Remy’s Ratatouille scavenger hunt During the Food & Wine Festival, participants must first pre-pay for a map at select locations like Pin Central and World Traveler to start their journey. No word yet on what the prize will be for those that find all the ornaments but we’ll keep you posted.
6. Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! Returns to Hollywood Studios- Last year Hollywood Studios introduced a brand new holiday spectacular that became a fan favorite with Christmas crowds. Led by elves Wayne and Lanny (from ABC’s animated holiday special “Prep and Landing”) the show features dazzling projections on to Chinese Theater, state-of-the-art special effects, stunning pyrotechnics and scenes and songs from some of your favorite Disney films including “Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas.” Disney has already announced that this much-loved show will be returning to wow crowds again this Christmas Season with performances starting on November 9, 2017.
7. Candlelight Processional – One of the highlights of a Christmas visit to Walt Disney World, this nightly retelling of the Christmas Story featuring amazing choirs, a 50 piece orchestra and celebrity narrators will be making a welcome return this holiday season. Special guests this year include Neil Patrick Harris, Whoopi Goldberg, Matt Bomer, CCH Pounder and Pat Sajak just to name a few. The Processional is performed three times each evening at 5:00, 6:45 and 8.15 pm and is included in the cost of you your Epcot admission. Performances take place at the American Gardens Theatre with performances running from November 24th – December 30th. For more information on this years star-studded line-up as well as details on the Candlelight Processional Dining Package which includes VIP seating to the event, check out this article.
8. Meet Santa at Disney Springs – While you’re out at Disney Springs buying Christmas pressies for your nearest and dearest, be sure to stop by Santa’s Chalet and find out whether you’ve made the naughty or nice list. PhotoPass photographers will be on hand to take your photo with Santa. Disney Springs has not announced an official start date to Santa’s residency but keep following along with Disney Addicts and we’ll keep you posted. Guests should also note that this Santa Meet and Greet is wildly popular and the wait can sometimes be several hours. With this in mind, this location offers a pager option, allowing you to continue doing your Christmas shopping around Disney Springs and return when you’re called!
These are just a few of the many reasons why the Christmas Season at Walt Disney World is an unforgettable experience for the whole family. Keep following along with Disney Addicts and our sister site Chip and Co for the latest Christmas news and updates.
Click here for your FREE no obligation quote!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Images copyright Disney.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started Now for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
- How Does Lost and Found Work at Disney World? - December 19, 2021
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019