While social distancing is keeping us from our favorite parks right now, we can at least try to bring a little bit of Disney into our homes. One great way to add a little bit of Disney into our lives is to recreate some of our favorite Disney snacks and meals, and maybe even a Disney drink! While there are many to choose from, here are my top 5 copy cat recipes to try at home:
Biergarten Soft Pretzels (yields 10 pretzels)
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- coarse salt for topping
- mustard (optional)
- Stir and dissolve yeast in warm water in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in salt, sugar, and 2 cups of flour.
- Beat until smooth.
- Stir in enough of the remaining flour to make dough easy to handle.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- Knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.
- Cut dough into 3 oz pieces and roll into a ball.
- Allow dough to sit for 10 minutes.
- Roll out dough into strings and then twist dough pieces in the middle.
- Pick up the dough string with two hands each hand holding one end.
- Attach the ends to the dough ina pretzel shape.
- Place pretzel on a baking sheet and allow to proof until pretzels string thickness is about doubles as thick.
- Whisk the eggs with water.
- Brush the egg wash on top of the pretzel.
- Sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Put on to baking sheets and bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown.
- Dip in prepared mustard if desired.
Ohana Noodles (yields 1 1/2 quarts)
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/4 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 1/4 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- 2 1/4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons pineapple juice, frozen concentrate
- Yakisoba noodles
- shredded red and green cabbage
- shredded bok choy
- Dissolve all ingredients, except cornstarch and pineapple juice, in saucepot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Make a slurry with the cornstarch and pineapple juice, and slowly add to the boiling mixture to thicken.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Strain through a fine-mesh strainer.
- Saute shredded red and green cabbage and bok choy in a wok.
- Add Yakisoba noodles and Pineapple glaze and toss.
Aventureland Cheeseburger Spring Rolls-
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz lean ground beef
- 1 cup cubed processed cheese
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup dill pickle, patted dry
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 64 spring roll wrappers
- 1 egg
- In skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook red onion and garlic, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add ground beef, cook until browned (about 4 min).
- Drain in a strainer, pressing out liquid. Return to pan.
- Stir in cheese, cook over medium heat until melted (about 2 min) scrape into a bowl.
- Stir bread crumbs, pickle, green onions, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper into beef mixture, let cool for 15 min.
- Layer 2 spring roll wrappers on the work surface with 1 corner facing up; place 1 tbsp beef mixture on bottom 1/3 of the wrapper.
- Fold the bottom corner of the wrapper over the filling.
- Fold in sides and roll up until a 2-inch triangle of wrapper remains at the top.
- Mix egg with 2 teaspoons of water; lightly brush over the triangle and loosely roll up to seal.
- Repeat with remaining filling and wrappers.
- Place rolls, seam side down, on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 F, turning once, until golden brown (about 25 min)
INGREDIENTS- yields one margarita
- 1/2 of 1 ripe avocado
- 2 oz. silver tequila
- 1 oz. melon liquor
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 oz. agave syrup
- In a blender, combine all ingredients except ice and process until smooth.
- Add ice cubes and pulse until just blended, making sure not to over mix.
- Serve in glasses rimmed with salt, sugar or chile-lime seasoning. garnish with a lime wedge.
Ohana Bread Pudding
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 8 cups french breakfast bread
INGREDIENTS FOR BANANA FOSTER SAUCE-
- 4 oz. sugar
- 4 oz. brown sugar
- 4 oz. corn syrup
- 4 oz. unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup spiced room
- 1 cup banana slices
- In bowl mix eggs, milk, salt, sugar, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Cut bread in medium pieces, place on cookie sheet pan put in an oven preheated to 350 degrees.
- Bake bread until lightly toasted, about 15 minutes. Remove bread and place in egg and milk mixture.
- Place mixture in a greased 10-inch cake pan and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.
- Let stand 5 minutes, serve hot with ice cream.
- Combine sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and half of heavy cream in a large pan. Bring to a boil and slowly add remaining heavy cream keeping mixture at a steady boil.
- Add spiced rum and flambe.
- Candy will brown slightly; cook 3 minutes until candy forms into a firm ball in cold water.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla. Add sliced bananas. Serve warm.
I hope these recipes can bring a bit of Disney magic into your home during these uncertain times. I know I can not wait to try them!