Its been a busy day for news regarding the new Toy Story Land which is slated to open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on June 30th. Disney World has revealed lots of exciting tidbits about the characters and attractions that you’ll find here so in the spirit of Woody we thought we’d give you a bit of a round-up!
1. Disney Releases Preview of Ride Vehicles for Alien Swirling Saucers – One of two new attractions opening in Toy Story Land, Disney revealed this sneak peak of the ride vehicles for Alien Swirling Saucers. You can see that each of the cars will be piloted by the lovable Little Green Aliens from Toy Story. The ride is designed as a playset that Andy won at Pizza Planet. Hop on board as the green aliens power up their flying saucers and be prepared to swirl and whirl among toy planets and space stations while “The Claw” hangs overhead. The ride will feature multi-colored lighting and fun sound effects to make you feel like you are in the middle of the action!
2. Check Out This Slinky Dog Dash – If this doesn’t get you excited about Toy Story Land than I don’t know what will. Today Disney released exciting footage of a ride through on this hotly anticipated family coaster. In under two months, guests will be able to hop on the back of Andy’s much-loved Slinky Dog for a high-speed adventure spanning the length and breadth of this new land.
Get a sneak peek here:
This fantastic new addition to Hollywood Studios is definitely going to be the must-try attraction of the Summer!
3. Green Army Drum Corps To March Several Times Throughout the Day – Sarge and the Green Army Man Drum Corps will be marching through Toy Story Land several times throughout the day once Toy Story Land opens. Guests are even invited to follow the Green Army Men to their fun and interactive boot camp where you can play along with Pixar balls, oversized crayons and a game of Sarge Says!
4. Wheezy the Penguin to Feature Prominently in Toy Story Land – Wheezy the loveable penguin from the Toy Story films will appear in the last scene of the Slinky Dog Dash where you’ll find him singing “You’ve Got a Friend in Me” with that lovable and slightly unexpected voice of his. He’ll be accompanied by Mike the tape recorder who offers up his microphone as well as Mr. Spell who will be on hand to text funny commentary.
5. New Toy Story Land Merchandise Revealed – For those visiting Toy Story this Summer you’ll want to set aside a bit of money in your budget to pick up some of the incredible themed souvenirs that will be on offer. Disney is promising everything from headbands inspired by the three-eyed space aliens to a Slinky Dog toy with light-up rings. Be on the lookout for the commemorative “I Played There” t-shirts which are a great way to let people know you were among the first visitors to this exciting new land. These and other playful items will be available at merchandise locations found in Toy Story Land as well as select shops in Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
We hope we’ve given you a few more reasons to add a visit to Toy Story Land to your Summer 2018 must-do list. Read below to find out how you can get your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect itinerary and stateroom to nabbing the best rates. I also love sharing tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your time at Sea. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
Latest posts by Disney Addicts Past Writers and Friends (see all)
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019