Staying late at night to watch the evening fireworks at Magic Kingdom is an absolute rite of passage. While a large portion of guests will stampede toward the front of Cinderella Castle in the hour leading up to this magnificent evening display, there are others (myself included) who are quite happy to compromise on sight-lines if it means not being squeezed, pushed and prodded from fellow Disney guests. I’ve learned over the years that there are several fantastic places to watch the evening fireworks display for a slightly different experience. Though you won’t be able to see every little detail of the castle projections incorporated into the Happily Ever After fireworks extravaganza each of these areas provide lovely, relaxing and sometimes fun-filled views.
1. California Grill- Disney’s Contemporary Resort. Whether you’re treating your family to a fancy night on the town or looking for a romantic meal for two, the California Grill definitely delivers. Be lucky enough to get a seating that coincides with Magic Kingdom’s “Happily Ever After” fireworks display and you’re in for a real treat! This rooftop restaurant at Disney’s Contemporary Resort has a private viewing deck where visitors can sip on a glass of bubbly while watching the fireworks light up the night sky. As it is one of Walt Disney World’s Fine/Signature Dining Restaurants, you can also count on top-notch cuisine with an emphasis on seasonal ingredients. You’ll find everything from Colorado Bison Loin and Swordfish, to an amazing sushi bar and massive wine menu. Fireworks dining times can be incredibly popular and fill up fast so advance booking is highly recommended and can be made online via My Disney Experience or at 407.WDW.DINE.
2. From atop Splash Mountain – The perfect fireworks viewing location for thrill seekers, if you time your ride on Splash Mountain just right you are treated to an absolutely fantastic view of Cinderella’s Castle and the evening fireworks display as you meander your way around the river before taking your final plunge into the briar patch . It’s perfect for those that want a tiny dose of the evening festivities with a heaping dose of Disney magic.
3. Near Under the Sea the Journey of the Little Mermaid – Not only is this one of the most beautifully lit Magic Kingdom attractions at night but the area directly in front of Journey of the Little Mermaid boasts some wonderful views of the night sky of Cinderella Castle. So if you want a bit of peace and quiet with your fireworks grab a Le Fou’s Brew at nearby Gaston’s Tavern and enjoy!
4. Frontierland Riverwalk – Many people when looking for a quiet place to view the afternoon Parade choose this out of the way Frontierland location but did you also know you can get some pretty sweet fireworks views here as well? The long boardwalk means there’s plenty of space for visitors to line up. Watching the fireworks illuminated on river is also a beautiful site to behold.
5. From the beach at the Polynesian Village Resort – The Polynesian has some pretty incredible views of the fireworks. So why not head over early to check out the Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show or soak up the island flavor at Trader Sam’s before heading out to the beach to enjoy the evening display with a bit of an island flare.
Where’s your favorite spot to watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks? Let us know in the comments below.
Thinking about a visit to Disney? There are still fantastic 2018 packages to be had and 2019 packages go on sale June 19th. Get a jump-start on your plans and fill out our form below to receive your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and FastPass reservations. I also love sharing tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your time at the parks. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- How Does Lost and Found Work at Disney World? - December 19, 2021
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019