Take the ultimate test drive at Walt Disney World! Test Track opened in Epcot in 1999 and gives guests the opportunity to design their own vehicle and then take it for an exhilarating spin on the track. To celebrate the anniversary of this thrill ride, we’ve got some fun facts for you to enjoy!
- Test Track is the fastest ride at Walt Disney World! The attraction reaches speeds around 65 mph. This ride is not a coaster but instead a slot car inspired ride system which means the ride vehicle is powered throughout the entire ride. That allows the ride to have top speeds longer than just the initial launch.
2. This attraction is also the longest track at Walt Disney World! The track for this attraction comes in just under a mile at 5,246 feet. That is one long track full of thrills!
3. 25 ride vehicles can operate simultaneously. Each ride car seats 6 guests. That is 150 people potentially on the ride at the same time! This allows Disney to push a lot of guests through the ride in a single day.
4. This ride could’ve been much faster! Imagineers originally intended for the vehicles to reach 95 mph. Due to safety concerns and Florida speed limits, they decided to reign it back to 65 mph. This ride is already crazy fast. Could you imagine going 95 mph??
5. The ride will close if there is lightning but the building could survive a hurricane! Since a good portion of the ride is outside, there are strict safety rules related to weather for this one. If the weather is poor, the ride shuts down, and no one can ride. Florida is known for pretty crazy storms, including hurricanes. To make sure this attraction was storm rated, it was built to withstand winds that reach as much as 200 miles per hour!
Is Test Track on your list of favorite rides at Walt Disney World? If you’d like to plan your next Disney vacation so you can experience this thrilling attraction, contact me today for a free, no-obligation quote!