Though Summer may be winding down, it’s not too late to play a visit to Walt Disney World before school is back in session. As a matter of fact, we think there are a lot of great reasons why August is a wonderful time to visit the theme parks. Here are a few reasons why you’ll usually find us making an end of summer visit to the Mouse.
1. Lower Crowd Levels – Though crowd levels can still be high for the first half of August, by the time the middle of the month rolls around, the focus of most families shifts from vacation time to school time. You can use this to your advantage when planning a last minute getaway. Plan your getaway for the second half of the month and you’ll still get enjoy all the parks have to offer but with much lower crowd levels. From getting Fastpasses to waiting in line for your favorite attractions, things start to get a little bit easier.
2. End of the Season Discounts – August can be a great month to visit Disney World for bargain hunters. As matter of fact, Disney has an Enchanted Escapes room offer running throughout the month. Under this discount, guest can stay in the middle of the magic between August 2 – October 7, 2018 and save! With this discount, a family of 4 will enjoy a package that includes a 4-night stay in a standard room at one of Disney’s All-Star Resorts and a 4-day Magic Your Way base ticket for as low as $2067. Guests must book by September 7, 2018 in order to qualify!
Sample package prices are as follows:
- All Star Resorts -starting at $2067
- Coronado Springs– starting at $2338
- Animal Kingdom Lodge– starting at $2876
- Saratoga Springs Resort – starting at $2923
Sample rates based on a 4-night stay in a standard room or studio with 4-day tickets for a family of 4 (2 adults, 1 junior, ages 10-17 and 1 child, ages 3 to 9)
The following resorts are excluded from the offer:
- 3-bedroom villas
- Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Cabins at Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Bay Lake Tower
- The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
- Bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows.
This discount cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. Advanced reservations are required.
3. Catch the Start of the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival – Plan your visit for the end of August and you may even be able to catch the start of the Food & Wine Festival which is running this year from August 30 – November 12, 2018. This fest is the one time of year to eat and drink your way around Disney. Some of the highlights include:
- Global Marketplaces – During last year’s Festival a record-breaking 35 global marketplaces with cuisine from around the world could be found at Epcot’s World Showcase. Many of these delicious dishes were also expertly paired with wines, beers or cocktails making it the perfect way to drink your way around the World. Tasting Samplers were also available for purchase for guests who planned on trying out several of the amazing dishes on offer.
- Eat to the Beat Concert Series – Every evening during the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival musicians take to the stage at the American Gardens Theatre for an amazing evening filled with singing and dancing. Last year’s line-up included an impressive array of artists including Air Supply, Sugar Ray, Christopher Cross, Tiffany, Hanson, Kenny G and Boy II Men.
- Food and Beverage Seminars – These workshops are terrific for guests looking to enhance their Food and Wine Experience, you’ll find everything from cheese seminars, wine tastings, hands-on-workshops to culinary demonstration where guests can learn tricks of the trade from some of the World’s leading chefs.
- Grand Tasting Events – Those who fancy a bit of the VIP treatment will want to be on the lookout for these exclusive ticketed events where guests can enjoy special parties offering global cuisine, amazing entertainment and even appearances by celebrity chefs. Its the perfect treat for those who love to wine and dine.
Get a jumpstart on this amazing event and take advantage of discounts like the one above by opting for an August Disney World getaway.
4. Be Among the First to Attend This Year’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – August may seem too early to celebrate Halloween, but demand for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is so huge that Disney has decided to extend it into the Summer. Those visiting from mid-late August have ample opportunity to get in on the fun with parties on August 17, 24, 28 and 31st. During this exclusive event, guest can take part in the following spooktacular activities:
- Dressing up as your favorite Disney character and trick or treat throughout the Magic Kingdom.
- Checking out the Boo to You! Parade – Ghosts and ghouls of every size come out for this special Halloween Parade lead by none other than the Headless Horseman.
- Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular – A 20-minute stage show that gets you a closer look at some of your favorite Disney Villains.
- HalloWishes- A special Halloween version of Magic Kingdom’s much-loved evening fireworks display.
- Meet and greets with Disney characters- The Seven Dwarfs, Jack & Sally, Cruella De Vil are just some of the special characters that you’ll find during this event.
- Special Halloween-themed Magic Shots with Photopass Photographers – Capture the Halloween Magic with special photos taken by Disney’s photopass team.
- Shorter waits for rides! Since the party is only for a limited number of guests each night, many of the more popular rides like The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and Splash Mountain will have much shorter wait times.
The cost to attend this year’s bash varies depending on dates but are $79 per adult and $74 per child throughout most of August.
5. The Perfect Time to Hit the Water Parks – Guests visiting in August get the added perk of being able to enjoy those Orlando summer temperatures. The average temperature during the month of August is 91 degrees making it the perfect time to add a bit of Water Park fun to your visit. Disney has two water parks Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach, both brimming with a wide array of attractions. Whether you want to celebrate your inner daredevil with rides like the Summit Plummet or meander along the lazy river, its the perfect add-0n to your time at Disney without the heaving crowds.
This is just a taste of the many reasons why we think August can be a great time to plan a last-minute getaway. And for those concerned about Fastpasses or dining reservations, considering using the services of an experienced vacation planner who can help you with your last minute travel plans. Simply fill out our quote form below to get started.
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Click here for your FREE no obligation quote or fill out the form at the bottom of this page!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Images copyright Disney.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019