On Wednesday July 29, Disney’s Swan Resort opened back up to guests. Disney’s Dolphin Resort is currently home to major league soccer players and remains closed to the general public. Who hasn’t seen these beautiful, iconic resorts while traveling around Disney property? There are so many reasons to love these resorts, here are my top 5!
1. They are Deluxe Resorts with a more moderate price point- Staying at Swan or Dolphin will give you the amenities of a Deluxe resort, while paying more of a moderate price compared to Disney owned Deluxe Resorts. Guests still receive the top-notch customer service that they’ve come to expect while visiting Walt Disney World, and the Resorts are just as well maintained and clean. If you are looking for a step up above a value or moderate resort yet still want to stay within a budget- give Swan or Dolphin a try! You won’t be disappointed.
2. Location, location, location!- Staying at Disney’s Swan and Dolphin Resort literally puts you right in the middle of the magic! The resorts are right next to the Boardwalk Resort area, which has bars, restaurants, games and a really fun atmosphere. The resorts also have walking paths to Epcot (via International Gateway entrance) and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
3. You get access to both resorts- Two is usually better than one, and who wouldn’t want access to two beautiful resorts? With Disney’s Swan and Dolphin, guests have access to the restaurants, shops and pools featured in both resorts.
4. Dining- As mentioned above, resort guests have access to the restaurants in both Swan and Dolphin Resorts, which provides lots of variety. Kimonos, inside the Swan Resort, is home to some of the best sushi throughout all of Walt Disney World. Shula’s Steakhouse, inside of the Dolphin Resort, features mouth-watering steaks. There are also multiple great dining options in Disney’s Boardwalk Resort area, only a few short steps away!
5. The beautiful pools and fitness facilities- With access to both resorts, comes access to multiple pools. The Grotto Pool, features a grotto and waterfall and is one of the best resort pools around. The fitness centers are also very impressive. Avid gym goers will definitely rejoice when they see the fully stocked gym.
While Walt Disney World’s Swan and Dolphin Resorts aren’t owned or operated by Disney, they are still considered “Disney Resorts” and come with many of the same benefits, including 60 day fast passes (when applicable), Disney bus transportation, and are an included with the new Park Pass system for Disney Resort guests. There are so many reasons to fall in love with Disney’s Swan and Dolphin!
- Should Disney Allow Mask-Free Photos at the Parks? - February 24, 2021
- Disney Needs to Build These Restaurants at the Theme Parks - February 22, 2021
- Visit These Places to Learn About the Incredible History of Walt Disney - February 17, 2021