Sundays are perfect for sipping especially with the weather starting to warm up. One of our favorite things to do at Walt Disney World when the sun is shining is head over to Disney Springs for a delightful afternoon cocktail, some good conversation and the chance to relax and watch the world pass by. There are no shortage of great cocktails available at the incredible eateries and watering holes of Disney Springs and at many of them, Bourbon is all the rage. So much much so that Disney Recently unveiled its Bourbon Trail, a guide to eating and drinking a Disney Springs. We thought we’d use this sunny Sunday as a chance to share with you 8 of our favorites!
1. Hurry Sundown Old Fashioned – House of Blues – (pictured above) Calling all bacon lovers! This delicious concoction features Maker’s Mark Bourbon, Benedictine, butter pecan syrup, bitters and caramel pecan bacon.
2. Fine and Mellow – House of Blues – This tasty tipple features Knob Creek Bourbon, St. Elder, lemon juice, strawberry and rhubarb bitters and pairs wonderfully with the homemade bread pudding topped with toffee sauce and bourbon butter.
3. Smoked Bourbon Gelato Shake – D-Luxe Burger – We’re always mighty impressed with the shakes they serve up at D-Luxe Burger and this tasty version is no exception. The Bourbon Shakes is made up of vanilla gelato blended with Knob Creek Single Barrel Bourbon, hickory smoke, dark chocolate sauce and is topped with a bacon strip. With tastes both sweet and savory it is sure to please.
4. Southern Sangria – Paddlefish – The outdoor seating areas at Paddlefish make it one of our favorite places to indulge in a libation or two and we’ve got just the drink! The Southern Sangria features Medley Bros. Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey, peach liqueur, Tempranillo and seasonal fruit. It offers warm notes of caramel, oak, and spices that are rounded out with flavors of creamy vanilla, milk chocolate and caramelized sugar.
5. The Trifecta – Splitsville Dining Room – What better way to spend a lazy Sunday than bowling! Splitsville also has some pretty tasty treats including this delicious cocktail made of Old Forester 100, Carpano Antica Vermouth, Benedictine and Pimento Dram. We recommend ordering it alongside the BBQ Chicken Pizza which is smothered in BBQ sauce, topped with marinated grilled chicken, BBQ sauce, smoked gouda, mozzarella, cilantro and red onion.
6. Bulleit Frontier Old Fashioned – Planet Hollywood Observatory – Nothing beats a good simple Old Fashioned and this one definitely delivers. It features Bulleit Bourbon, sugar, and bitters and is absolutely delightful.
7. The Gold Cup – Raglan Road Irish Pub & Restaurant – Let’s dispell the myth that they only serve Guinness at this Irish Pub. As a matter of fact, this Bourbon-based drink is absolutely delicious. The Gold Cup features Bulleit Bourbon, Jameson Black Barrel Irish Whiskey, fresh lime juice, simple syrup, muddled mint and cucumber.
8. Orlando Pride – The Boathouse – This is another Disney Springs watering hole with beautiful views of Lake Buena Vista making it the perfect place to enjoy a cocktail or two. One of our favorites is the Orlando Pride which features Old Forester Bourbon and homemade blackberry citrus puree.
So next time you have some downtime while at Disney Springs we strongly recommend that you give one of these delicious libations a try!
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Read below to find out how you can get your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect itinerary and stateroom to nabbing the best rates. I also love sharing tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your time at Sea. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- How Does Lost and Found Work at Disney World? - December 19, 2021
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019