With this morning marking the Royal Wedding, we here at Disney Addicts thought we’d take a few minutes to celebrate one of our favorite places in Epcot, the UK Pavilion. We’ve always found this section of the World Showcase to be quietly understated but linger here a bit and you’ll find a whole lot to enjoy. To give you a sample, here are 7 of our favorite ways to pass the time here.
1. Rose and Crown Pub – (pictured) This lovely table service eatery located at Epcot’s UK pavilion boasts a menu brimming with British Pub favorites, tasty brews, entertainment and even lovely outdoor dining with a view. Guests can grab a pint and indulge in classic British cuisine like bangers and mash, cottage pies and Scottish salmon. Also, for those lucky enough to nab a late night reservation you may even be able to watch IllumiNations while you dine. Guests should be warned however that this is THE popular spot from which to dine and watch the fireworks. Be prepared for the patio to be very in demand and be mindful that an outside table isn’t guaranteed. Dining here will set visitors back $15 – $34 per person or is one Table Service Credit for those on the Dining Plan. Advanced dining reservations are recommended.
2. Character Meet and Greets – If meeting some of your favorite Disney characters is high on your must-do list then you’ll definitely want to be on the lookout for Alice and Mary Poppins both who have been known to make the rounds here. You’ll find Alice lingering around in the beautifully landscaped gardens where she may share with you a secret or two. Fans of Mary can tell her of your jolly holiday when she’s out to greet guests usually from 11 am – 2pm daily.
3. Incredible Shopping – The UK Pavilion at Epcot has some of our favorite shops. Let’s start with The Tea Caddy where guests can build your own selections of Twinings Teas with a collectable wooden box. The Sportsman’s Shoppe is a haven for golf fans where you’ll find items from The Old Course at St. Andrews as well as soccer fans. Fans of British pop culture will love The Toy Soldier where you’ll find everything from Doctor Who to David Bowie merchandise.
4. Tea Garden – Escape the hustle and bustle of the theme parks with a walk through the tranquil tea gardens you’ll find nestled behind The Tea Caddy. During festival times the shop has also been known to run various tours giving guests an educational look at how plants are cultivated to create the beautiful blends that go into your morning cuppa!
5. Yorkshire County Fish Shop – What you’ll find at this delightful quick service eatery is every bit as wonderful as the fish and chip shops on the other side of the pond. Tuck in to delicious strips of battered fish served with piping-hot chips. You’ll also find a nice array of British beers including Bass Ale and Harp Lager.
6. Spectacular Entertainment – For a toe-tapping good time be on the lookout for British Revolution who appear throughout the day. They’ll take you through a wide array of British Music including The Who, Led Zepplin, The Rolling Stones and more! Rose and Crown also hosts a pub performer who plays an eclectic array of traditional British ditties.
7. Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure – If you’ll be visiting Epcot with little ones, this modern take on the scavenger hunt is the perfect way to get kids to engage with the fun exhibits and cultural displays you’ll find at several of the countries in the World Showcase and the UK mission is definitely one of our favorite. This experience is perfect for kids and tweens who love a good mystery or just enjoy watching Disney’s Phineas & Ferb television show! Your child will receive an official “FONE” (which stands for Field Operative Notification Equipment), to follow clues that lead them through the pavilion. Each secret agent adventure can last up to 45 minutes. Sign-up your child for this fun quest by stopping by the Odyssey Bridge or visiting agentpwsa.com.
This is but a mere taste of the treasures that await visitors to the UK Pavilion at the World Showcase. We definitely recommend you set aside some time to explore this wonderful yet often overlooked area of the park.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- How Does Lost and Found Work at Disney World? - December 19, 2021
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019