The past week has been a busy one when it comes to news regarding changes coming to Disneyland Resort in the weeks and months ahead. We here at Disney Addicts have gathered six of the most noteworthy happenings to share them with you below so that you’re in the know during your visit to the West Coast Mouse!
1. Tropical Hideaway – (pictured) Disney lovers have long speculated as to what might go into the space in Adventureland located between the Jungle Cruise and “Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room” and it looks like we finally have an answer. Disney is transforming the area into The Tropical Hideaway. This area is being designed as a popular rest stop for Adventureland locals and theme park explorers. Guests will be able to rub elbows with your favorite skippers at what is being dubbed an exotic traders market. Here visitors can enjoy all of the sights, sounds and flavors of the tropics. As of going to print, Disney has yet to release an opening date. Watch this spot for more details.
2. Lamplight Lounge – As part of the re-purposing of Paradise Pier at Disney California Adventure Park into Pixar Pier, Disney has closed Ariel’s Grotto and the neighboring Cove Bar to make way for a new watering hole dubbed the Lamplight Lounge that will open on June 23rd. This seaside lounge will be a family-friendly gathering place serving up a range of California casual gastro-pub cuisine including Lobster Nachos. The lounge will feature a full bar with waterfront views include the evening “World of Color” water pageant. The ambiance will be big on Pixar details, celebrating the creativity, inspirations and personalities of the artists and storytellers that have brought these amazing stories to life.
3. Black Panther Pays a Visit to California Adventure Park – The Black Panther and Dora Milaje will be on hand to visit guests at Disney California Adventure Park for a limited time. Visitors can pose for pictures with the King of Wakanda complete with full costume and with his royal guards at his side. You’ll find this new experience at the Hollywood Backlot.
4. New Brickwork Revealed at Disneyland- If you’ve been at Disney over the past few weeks then no doubt you’ve seen the massive construction project taking place down Main Street U.S.A as Disney lays a new track for the Main Street Vehicles for the first time in the park’s history. As part of the refurbishment, Disney is replacing the brickwork along the length of this iconic thoroughfare and Disney shared a sneak peak of the work that’s been completed around Town Square. We don’t know about you but we can’t wait to walk right down the middle of Main Street!
5. Pixar Pier to Get New Marquee – Details continue to trickle in about the new Pixar Pier section of Disney California Adventure Park which is slated to open on June 23rd. This week, Disney revealed an artist’s rendering for the new Marquee that will be constructed to greet guests as they enter this section of the theme park. The top of the marquee will be crowned by the iconic Pixar Lamp.
6. Rey Meet and Greet Added To Star Wars Launch Bay Line-up – Beginning in May, the Star Wars Launch Bay in Disneyland’s Tomorrowland will play host to the Resistance’s newest hero – Rey! A central character in both Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Rey will join Chewbacca as they visit with guests on the Light Side character experience throughout the Summer.
This are just some of the many changes coming to Disneyland in the weeks and months ahead. Readers are encouraged to keep following along with Disney Addicts and our sister site Chip and Co. for the latest in Disneyland news and updates!
Why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I can help you get the best discounts for your Disney World vacation package, assist with making dining, Fastpass and Christmas Party reservations and can even help you plan an itinerary filled with extra special Christmas touches. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE! Contact me at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or on Facebook and let’s get planning!
Images copyright Disney.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019