When it comes to booking Value accommodation at Walt Disney World, Disney’s Pop Century Resort and Art of Animation Resort seem to be the fan favorites. However, over the past few years, my family is has stayed at All Star Music on several occasions and its quickly becoming a must-stay for my family. As a Travel Agent, I’m constantly extolling the virtues of this property for budget-minded travellers and find it to be the perfect entry-level option. In the hopes that you’ll give All Star Music a try during your next visit, here are 8 reasons why we think you’ll love it as much as we do.
1. The Pools – Like the other All-Stars, this property boasts 2 fun swimming pools. The first is a giant central guitar-shaped pool with a fun Three Caballeros water feature and the second is a piano-shaped pool for those staying in some of the buildings further back on the property. We’ve always found the pool areas to be well maintained with plenty of towels and ample seating. There’s also lots of fun poolside activities on offer throughout the day but we’ll get to that in a minute!
2. The Calypso Section- My family absolutely loves the theming of this property with each section being modelled after a musical genre. You have the Broadway, Rock n’ Roll, Jazz, and Country sections. However, our favorite by far is the Calypso section which is just off the central pool area. With giant colorful xylophones and maracas adorning the doorways and with the sound of the islands being piped in, you really feel like you’re on vacation. We recommend an upper poolside preferred room for beautiful views of the resort. The section is also closest to central amenities meaning you have pools, food, shopping and an arcade just a stone’s throw away.
3. Boozy Milkshakes – In anticipation of the 2018 Disney Dining Plan which will include alcoholic beverages, Disney’s All Star Resorts have started serving up the most wonderful alcoholic milkshakes. As a matter of fact, I now consider this these to be one of my favorite Disney treats. You’ll find a couple of varieties at each resort. My favorite is the Jam Session at the Intermission Food Court which consists of a strawberry milkshake, Frangelico liqueur, whipped cream and sprinkles. One can be yours for $11.50.
4. Customer Service – In our many travels we’ve found customer service to be a bit hit or miss at some of the values, but remain consistently impressed with the team at All Star Music. The front desk and management has been there to support us with a myriad of problems including missing luggage, flight delays, sick kids etc. and have always gone above and beyond to make us feel looked after and special. There are members of the team that my daughter looks for on every visit. We’ve not had that at any other resort on Disney property, which for us really makes it feel like our home away from home.
5. Family Suites – There aren’t a ton of properties at Disney World that cater to slightly larger families but in this department All Star Music definitely delivers. They offer centrally located family suites that sleep up to 6 guests and offer a bedroom with 1 queen bed, a kitchenette, 2 bathrooms and a living room area with 1 Twin-Size Sleeper Chair and 1 Double-Size Sleep Sofa and 1 Twin-Size Sleeper Ottoman. Additional amenities include microwaves and coffee makers. Though these suites don’t have the theming of Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, they are a less-expensive alternative with plenty of space for the whole family to spread out.
6. Fun Activities for the Whole Family – For those that plan on spending the day at the resort, All Star Music offers plenty to keep families occupied. There are pool parties, guitar hero competitions in the lobby, poolside ping-pong tables (a favorite in my family) and nighttime screenings of your favorite Disney films under the stars. Most people view the values as just a place to lay your head after a busy Disney day but at All Star Music, you definitely feel like there’s a lot going on that you don’t want to miss out on.
7. Updated Food Court – If you’ve ever stayed at a Value Resort then you know that getting a slice of pizza after a long day at the parks can be nothing short of chaos. Thankfully, All Star Music’s Food Court has recently received a beautiful upgrade (gone are the 1990’s cheesy murals) and the space is now modern, colorful and full of character. However, our favorite update hands down is the pre-paid pizza window. Under this new service, guests are able to pre-order pizza without waiting in long lines, receive a buzzer and can head to the designated pick-up window when its ready.
8. Cost – We’ve saved the best for last. When it comes to staying at All Star Music our favorite perk has to be the low costs. This resort typically comes in as cheaper than Pop Century, Art of Animation and All Star Movies. Its one of the few resorts where it’s not uncommon to get a standard room for under $100 a night. When you weigh all the fun aspects of staying at this property, lower rates definitely feel like an added bonus and at least makes our family feel like we’re getting more bang for our Disney buck. In addition, some of the Values are consistently exempt from discount offers but not the case with All Star Music where you can usually nab a pretty good discount closer to your travel dates.
These are just a few of the many reasons why All Star Music is our favorite go-to Value property. We hope you’ll give it a try during one of your upcoming Disney visits.
Why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I can help you get the best discounts for your Disney World vacation package, assist with making dining, Fastpass and Christmas Party reservations and can even help you plan an itinerary filled with extra special Christmas touches. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE! Contact me at 1.800.801.4025 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Facebook and let’s get planning!
Images copyright Disney.
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019