We get asked quite a lot here at Disney Addicts about our favorite Dinner Theater Experiences at Walt Disney World. For those who may not know, Disney offers three opportunities for guests to enjoy a show with your meal: The Spirit of Aloha at Disney’s Polynesian Resort, Mickey’s Backyard BBQ at Ft. Wilderness and our favorite, the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue also at Ft. Wilderness Resort & Campground. So what makes this all-singing, all-dancing hootenanny our favorite? Here are six amazing reasons why Hoop-Dee-Doo makes our Disney World must-do list and why we think it should be on yours too!
1. Location – Hoop-Dee-Doo performances take place at Pioneer Hall at Ft. Wilderness Resort and Campground. The fact that it is only a short boat ride from the Magic Kingdom makes it the perfect location to head to after a busy day at the theme parks. Fort Wilderness also offers a range of fantastic things to see, do and explore while you’re there. Be sure to stop by the Tri Circle D Ranch to check out the horses that pull Cinderella’s Carriage, or why not finish up your night with the FREE Chip ‘n’ Dale’s Campfire Sing-A-Long after your meal. Guests visiting during the holidays are also info a special treat as the residents of the cabins and campsites really get into the Christmas spirit decorating their turf.
2. The Performance – Fun for the whole family, this 2-hour show is a delightful combination of Wild West dancing, signing and vaudeville comedy. Running continuously since 1971, Disney brags that it’s one of the longest-running dinner shows in America and we can see why guests keep coming back year after year. Three couples pair off for some foot-tapping musical numbers with Six Bits and Dolly Drew providing the laugh-out-loud hijinks. Get ready to clap your hands, tap those toes and sing along.
3. The Food – In between skits, guests are served a pretty tantalizing array of classic home-cooked dishes brought family style to the table. The offerings include cornbread with honey butter, salad, chicken, ribs, baked beans, mashed potatoes and veggies. Best of all the dishes are all-you-can-eat. As a matter of fact, Disney estimates that over 800 lbs of ribs are served every night. So be prepared to bring those appetites.
Also be sure to save room for dessert. The strawberry shortcake is a highlight of the dinner and has become a cult favorite with Disney-fans.
4. The Drinks – As if it couldn’t get any better, included in the price is unlimited soft drinks as well as Frontera Chardonnay or Merlot, Bud Light or Yuengling, or Beso Del Sol Red or White Sangria. Cocktails are also available at an additional cost. Be sure to bring your ID and bottoms up!
5. Flexible Schedule – Squeezing in a dinner show can be tricky around theme park schedules and bedtimes. However, Hoop-Dee-Doo makes it easy by offering two performances daily. You can opt for the 4:00 pm or 6:15 pm shows with additional performances sometimes added in during peak periods. Costs range from $64 – $72 for adults or 2 credits under the Disney Dining Plan.
6. Audience Participation – Finally, one of our favorite things about this unique dining experience is the opportunities for guests to get involved. Those celebrating a birthday are in for a special treat as the cast leads the audience in signing you a special birthday song or couples celebrating an Anniversary may be given the chance to dance to a version of “Let Me Call You Sweetheart.” Even if it’s not your special day, guests are also picked to get involved in the production whether it’s being featured on stage in a funny role or joining in for the final number. It’s easy to feel a part of the action.
We hope we’ve convinced you to give Hoop-Dee-Doo a try during your next getaway. Reservations are bookable 180 days in advance. In order to get your preferred time or seating category, we strongly recommend that you book well in advance either via My Disney Experience or at 407.WDW.DINE.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking your next Disney holiday with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I can help you plot out your perfect holiday, work with you to come up with unique ways to make your holiday truly your own, and make sure that you are always getting the best deals and discounts (even after you’ve booked.) Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019