For those thinking about squeezing in a Walt Disney World visit in 2018, why not consider a destination Christmas!? Disney World anytime of year is truly magical but during the months of November and December, it absolutely glistens with a range of special holiday-themed activities for families. Our favorite among these has to be Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party which runs on select dates in November and December. This special ticketed event is brimming with festive fun. To give you a taste of some of the seasonal magic that awaits, here are 6 reasons why we think this year’s party is not to be missed!
1. Holiday Wishes- Magic Kingdom’s festive fireworks spectacular means you’ll be celebrating the holiday season with a bang! Holiday Wishes is a wonderful mix of pyrotechnics and castle projections set to a charming holiday soundtrack. For those looking for a bit of the VIP treatment, Disney also offers special fireworks viewing parties for an extra fee on party nights which provides guests with beautiful sightlines and exquisite treats.
2. Rides, rides and more rides! – Some of Magic Kingdom’s most beloved attractions stay open during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party for the exclusive use of party guests. This means you can indulge in a ride or two without the massive wait times. Some of the rides that have been known to remain open during the party include Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Splash Mountain, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Space Mountain and the Jungle Cruises just to name a few!
3. Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade – One of the major highlights of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, this parade is packed with Christmas charm. From the wooden toy soldiers that march down Main Stree U.S.A to the gingerbread men. elves and dancers there to entertain you, there are so many wonderful things happening you won’t know where to turn your gaze. The parade is also the perfect time to see some of your favorite Disney friends including Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Anna, Olaf, Tigger, Winnie the Pooh the Seven Dwarfs and so much more. The man in red even makes an appearance! Oh and have we mentioned, they make it snow on Main Street?
4. Incredible Christmas Party Eats – Foodies will delight in the special seasonal treats that Disney unveils each year for Christmas Party guests. On party nights there’s a beautiful array of complimentary yuletide snacks, sweets and beverages available to party guests as well as delectable delights available at an extra charge.
5. Santa – No visit to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party would be complete without a chance to meet the man in red! Each year during the party, the area on Main Street U.S.A between Town Hall and the Fire Department is magically transformed into Candy Cane Lane. Santa will be on hand to find out whether you’ve been naughty or nice and to take any last minute Christmas list requests! A PhotoPass photographer will also be on site to capture the magical meet-up!
6. Exclusive Meet and Greets – Speaking of meet-ups, one of the highlights of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is the opportunity to meet some incredible Disney characters that only come out during party nights! Friends like Sandy Claws (above), the Seven Dwarfs, Moana, and more have been known to be in attendance to share in the holiday fun with party guests.
This is just a small sample of the many magical happenings that await visitors to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. Tickets for this fantastic event are currently on sale for select nights in November and December with costs starting at $105 per person. For more information or to book visit disneyworld.com.
Why not surprise your family with a special Christmas Disney getaway!? Fantastic 2018 packages are still available to book. Follow the steps below to receive your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect itinerary and stateroom to nabbing the best rates. I also love sharing tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your time at Sea. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019