If you’re thinking of sailing the Seas with Disney Cruise Line and have Star Wars fans in your family then you’ll definitely want to make sure that you are looking into sailings that feature the incredible Star Wars Day at Sea. Perfect for Star Wars fans of all ages, these sailings are jam-packed with intergalactic fun and provide the chance to fully immerse yourself in the Star Wars universe. This incredible addition to Disney Cruise Lines’ already stellar itineraries is only available on select 7-night Eastern and Western Caribbean sailings. Check out our 6 reasons why we think these sailings are not to be missed!
1. The Chance to Meet Iconic Characters- During these special sailings guests can come face to face with some of your favorite Star Wars characters from the formidable Darth Vader to Chewbacca, C-3PO, R2-D2 and even have the moment captured during special photo sessions.
2. Undergo Your Own Galactic Transformation – The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique aboard the Disney Fantasy now offers out-of-this-world makeovers that add to your sense of adventure during Stars Wars Day at Sea. Options include Leia, Poe, Rey and Kylo Ren. Each of the transformations comes with exclusive Star Wars Day at Sea merchandise including a personalized name tag, lanyard with medallion. Kids also receive a cinch bag to take home. Adults and teens can even get in on the fun with a Rey makeover that includes a dress, makeup and hairstyle or you can choose from one of four Star Wars-themed T-shirt options. Advanced reservations for this experience are strongly encouraged and can be made at disneycruise.com before your Disney Fantasy cruise.
3. Be Schooled in the Ways of the Force With Jedi Training Academy- Young Padawans have long been clamouring to enjoy the famous Jedi Training Academy offered at both Hollywood Studios and Disneyland and now Disney is bringing the fun to the high seas. During this interactive show, your little ones can don Jedi robes, be schooled in the ways of the Force and use their new-found skills to square off against Darth Vader and Kylo Ren.
4. Encounter Roaming Rebels and Stormtroopers – Guests aboard the Disney Fantasy will want to be prepared for surprise run-ins with characters that roam the ship throughout your Star Wars Day at Sea. Some of the friends and foes you might meet on the day include Boba Fett, Jawas, and First Order Storm Troopers just to name a few!
5. Watch the Star Wars Saga come to life on-stage – During the “Summon the Force” deck celebration fans can unleash the Force with a series of games, music and a special space-aged dance party. Cruisers will be “wowed” by the stunts, special effect and the impressive crew of favorite Star Wars characters there to join in on the fun.
6. End the Day With the Breathtaking Star Wars-themed Fireworks at Sea – The whole Star Wars Day at Sea experience ends with a breathtaking nighttime fireworks show while at Sea. The pyrotechnics are coordinated to John Williams’ iconic Star Wars score. This magical space-aged display will definitely be a moment your family will talk about for years to come.
For more information on the fantastic experiences that await visitors on the Disney Fantasy during Star Wars Day at Sea check out this video:
Star Wars Days at Sea are available on the following 2019 sailings:
7-Night Eastern Caribbeans Sailings:
- January 12, 2019
- January 26, 2019
- February 9, 2019
- February 23, 2019
7-Night Western Caribbean Sailings:
- January 5, 2019
- January 19, 2019
- February 2, 2019
- February 16, 2019
- March 2, 2019
With Disney Cruise Line rates cheaper the further out you book, now is the perfect time to start planning your Early 2019 Star Wars getaway. Read below to find out how you can get your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect itinerary and stateroom to nabbing the best rates. I also love sharing tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your time at Sea. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Images copyright Disney.
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019