Here at Disney Addicts, we’ve got a very special spot in our hearts for Disney’s Animal Kingdom which in our option is one of Disney’s most masterfully-themed parks! As Animal Kingdom’s 20th Anniversary celebrations kick off this weekend, we thought we take a look back thanks to D23 who pulled out from the archives some pretty amazing images of the original concept art when the theme park was but an idea! Here’s a look at some of our favorites:
1.Tree of Life – It’s wonderful to see this original image of the Tree of Life in all its splendor. It’s amazing to see how much this concept resembles what you’ll see at Animal Kingdom today.
2. Kilimanjaro Safaris – The experience you’ll have when riding through the savannahs as part of the Kilimanjaro Safaris attraction is pretty similar to this lovely concept image. But despite how much we love this attraction, we here at Disney Addicts don’t think we’ve been lucky enough to see quite so many animals during our jeep excursions!
3. Dinoland USA – Regular Animal Kingdom visitors will recognize this as the entrance to Dinoland USA where you can travel back in time and visit some pre-historic friends with a ride on DINOSAUR, dig around in the Boneyard or grab a delicious bite at Restaurantosaurus.
4. DINOSAUR – Speaking of the headlining attraction at Dinoland USA, we think you’ll agree that this concept image surely conveys the wild adventure that awaits visitors on this time rover expedition!
5. Conservation Station – Those heading out to the educational exhibitions at the Conservation Station at Rafiki’s Planet Watch will be struck by how much this concept image from 20 years ago, lives up to what you’ll currently find at Animal Kingdom.
6. Discover Island Trails – One of our favorite things about visiting Animal Kingdom, are the beautiful breathtaking intimate vistas you’ll find throughout the park making you feel transported as if to a different land. This image is perfect in conveying that sense of being able to share a quiet family moment in a park heaving with guests!
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with Disney Addicts for tips and tricks about getting the most out of your visit to Animal Kingdom. In addition, be sure to check out our sister site Chip and Co. for the latest news and updates regarding Animal Kingdom’s 20th Anniversary celebrations.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019