For those visiting Walt Disney World from April 22nd – May 5, you’ll definitely want to set aside a day to visit Disney’s Animal Kingdom. This incredible theme park is celebrating Earth Day and its 20th Anniversary with a whole range of limited time offerings. Here’s a quick look at some of the amazing ways to commemorate this occasion during your visit!
1. Calling All Wilderness Explorers – (pictured) Follow in Russell’s (from the Pixar film Up) footsteps and make your Animal Kingdom visit educational by amassing your very own Wilderness Explorers badge collection. You’ll find fun and information stations set up throughout the park. During the birthday festivities, explorers can add even a limited edition Earth Day badge to your collection!
2. New Street Entertainer with an Avatar Twist – April 22nd marks the debut of the hotly anticipated Pandora Utility Suit. This new man/robot will wander the land to chat with visitors about the beautiful flora and fauna found around this incredible bioluminescent land. Check out this video of what’s in store for visitors starting this weekend:
3. Make Your Own Earth Day Souvenirs – New Penny Press designs will be unveiled saluting the Disney Conservation Fund! Be sure to ask a Cast Member for your nearest Penny Press Location during your upcoming visit.
4. Grab A Special-Edition Banshee While Supplies Last – The banshee toys available at Windtraders in Pandora-The World of Avatar have been flying off the shelves since they were unveiled last May. To commemorate Animal Kingdoms 20th Anniversary as well as the Party for the Planet, Disney has unveiled this gorgeous green and purple banshee. We expect quantities to sell out quickly so pick yours up while supplies last. Be on the lookout for other celebratory merchandise including nature-inspired pins, plush toys, shirts and so much more!
5. Bring Your Appetites for Special Earth Day and 20th Anniversary Treats – This delicious Tree of Life cupcake is just one of the many incredible treats you’ll find around Walt Disney World Resort this Earth Day weekend. You’ll find this special snack at Creature Comforts, Pizzafari and Flame Tree Barbecue. For a look at more of the goodies being served up in celebration of Earth Day check out this article.
6. Rafiki’s Planet Watch – This Animal Kingdom outpost is the place to be for Earth Day celebrations. Family-friendly activities will be on offer and visitors will be able to take part in backstage interactions with animal care experts including at the vet hospital. It’s another great way to make your visit educational as you learn about the behavior, care and nutrition of the animals.
7. Learn About Disney’s Work with Endangered Species During Special Tiffin Talks – This Disney’s Fine/Signature Dining location will be playing host to informative talks designed to educate visitors about the steps Disney is taking to reverse the decline of at-risk species around the world. These specially themed dinners are hosted by animal and conservation experts. For more information or to make reservations 407.WDW.DINE.
8. Special Anniversary Photo-Ops – Preserve the memories of your visit to Animal Kingdom with photos taken at fun photo-op locations throughout the parks. On offer will be theme props, hand-held frames and more!
These are just a few of amazing ways that you can celebrate Earth Day as well as Animal Kingdom’s 20th Anniversary at Walt Disney World starting this weekend. Readers are encouraged to keep following along with Disney Addicts as well as our sister site Chip and Co. for the latest in Animal Kingdom news and updates.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019