From now through until November 4, 2018, guests at Disneyland Resort will have the chance to enjoy special seasonal experiences inspired by Día de los Muertos at both Disney California Adventure Park at Disneyland Resort. The festivities and displays are inspired by the tradition of Día de los Muertos which you may remember from the Pixar film Coco. It is a time to celebrate loved ones who have passed away and honors the importance of familial bonds that last forever. From interactive exhibitions to festive music and delicious cuisine, there are many different ways to experience this celebration at Disneyland Resort. Check out 6 of our favorites:
1. A Musical Celebration of Coco – Disney California Adventure Park – Fans of this beloved Disney•Pixar film won’t want to miss this festive show by the Storytellers of Plaza del la Familia who will take your through the popular songs you’ve come to know and love from the film including the Oscar-winning Best Original Song “Remember Me.” Lead storyteller Mateo recounts Miguel’s fantastical journey into the Land of the Dead. New for this year, Miguel appears as a whimsical hand-animated figure and joins the musical gathering, Folklórico dancers dressed in beautiful costumes and the Grammy Award-winning Mariachi Divas are also on hand to take part in the fun. Visitors will be able to catch the production several times throughout the day.
2. The World of Coco – Disney California Adventure Park – Speaking of Miguel and friends, The World of Coco is an art exhibit that allows guests to rediscover your favorite characters and settings from the film “Coco.” The immersive exhibit features framed imagery that shows the incredible depth of imagination and attention to detail that went into creating the Land of the Living and the Land of the Dead in the film. Guests will also encounter 3-dimensional “ofrenda” inspired by the remembrance altar from the film which are traditionally created to honor relatives or loved ones that have passed away.
3. Fun Activities for the Whole Family – Disney California Adventure Park – Visitors to the park are invited to take commemorative photos of your family in front of the iconic Mexican “Arbol de la Vida” or Tree of Life. You’ll find this amazing backdrop in the Plaza del la Familia which celebrates the everlasting bonds of family and friends. Guests will even have the opportunity to add a remembrance note on the Memory Wall to honor the loved ones that will forever be a part of your lives. In addition, guests will have the chance to make your own paper “alebrije” (spirit guide) mask in an all-new arts and crafts activity.
4. Festive Mexican Cuisine – Disney California Adventure Park- The Mexican menu at Paradise Garden Grill offers dishes perfect for celebrating Día de los Muertos and includes delicious offerings like the traditional Día de los Muertos Pan de Muerto, Pan de Muerto, Mole Verde con Poll, Pan Dulce Conchita and a special “Coco” cake for dessert.
5. More Día de los Muertos in Cars Land – Disney California Adventure Park – If you’re visiting California Adventure this Autumn, you’ll also want to be sure to stop by Cars Land where you’ll find Ramon paying tribute to Día de los Muertos at Ramone’s House of Body Art. Ramone celebrates this special time of year with a traditional “ofrenda” display honoring Doc Hudson from the films.
6. Zócalo Park – Disneyland – Disneyland continues to offer its Día de los Muertos display in Frontierland. This area of Frontierland provides the perfect setting and features marigolds and papel picado along with a traditional “olfrenda” and sugar skulls known as cavaleras and an iconic figure of La Cantina. Adjacent to this area of the park you’ll also find the Rancho del Zócalo Restaurante which serves up delicious Mexican cuisine for lunch and dinner.
So if you are planning a Fall visit to Disneyland Resort be sure to enjoy these special seasonal Día de los Muertos activities. Whether this is an important holiday in your family or if you are learning about it for the first time special touches like these are what makes Disneyland Resort so magical.
Thinking about a Fall visit to Disneyland? There are still terrific Fall 2018 packages to be hand vacations are currently available to book through until the end of 2019. Read below to find out how you can get your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019