For those planning a visit to Disneyland, an important part of your trip (especially when travelling with tiny tots) is setting aside time to dine with some of your favorite Disney-characters. Disneyland has a handful of fun character dining options that you may what to give a try during your next getaway. To help you pick the perfect option, here’s a quick guide to Character Dining at Disneyland.
1. Goofy’s Kitchen – Disneyland Hotel- (pictured above) Breakfast is served here from 7:00 am – 1:30 pm daily where you can feast on wonderful early morning offerings including made-to-order omelettes, cheese blintzes, Mickey Waffles, French toast, pancakes, eggs benedict- the list goes on and on. You definitely have to save room for our favorite, the peanut butter and jelly pizza. You’ll also be welcomed by some of your favorite Disney friends as Chefy Goofy lovingly readies his kitchen to welcome diners. You never know who might turn up to help get your morning off to a fun-filled start.
For Dinner, guests get to have twice the fun as Goofy welcomes a very special helper into his kitchen – Mickey Mouse! Visitors can dine on an endless array of delicious dishes while watching the madcap hijinks of this lovable duo! Dinner is served from 4:00 pm – 8:45 pm and includes something to please all tastes including carving stations, fish, seasonal veggies, salads, mac & cheese, hot dogs and more. Be sure to save room for dessert as Goofy’s Kitchen also boasts a wonderful dessert buffet featuring cinnamon monkey bread, fruit cobbler and so much more!
2. Minnie & Friends- Breakfast in the Park- Plaza Inn – Disneyland- A character dining favorite among Disneyland regulars, the Plaza Inn is the perfect location to rub shoulders with your favorite Disney friends as part of “Minnie & Friends – Breakfast in the Park.” The buffet runs from 8:10 – 11:10 am where guests will be treated to an all-you-can-eat buffet jam-packages with amazing breakfast dishes including Mickey Waffles, French Toast, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, breakfast potatoes and so much more! The only character dining experience at Disneyland Park, you’ll also have the chance to rub shoulders with some of your favorite Disney characters including Minnie Mouse! So be sure to bring those autograph books and have those cameras and smartphones at the ready!
3. Mickey’s Tales of Adventure Breakfast – Storytellers Cafe- Grand Californian- From 7:00 am – 11:25 pm Storytellers Cafe at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel plays host to Mickey’s Tales of Adventure Breakfast. Mickey takes guests on an immersive culinary adventure with some of his closest friends. While you follow Mickey on his escapades you’ll also get to enjoy a delicious breakfast including options like made-to-order-omelettes, Mickey waffles, fresh baked goods, and fruit!
Storytellers Weekend Character Brunch Buffet – On the weekend (Friday – Sunday) guests to Storytellers Cafe from 11:30 am – 2:00 pm can enjoy this lovely brunch option featuring Mickey Mouse and a few of his favorite friends. On offer is a smorgasbord of delicious brunch dishes including the breakfast items listed above plus popular lunch options like roasted chicken, chicken nuggets and a delicious dessert buffet. It’s the perfect start to a leisurely weekend Disneyland stay.
Please note: In addition to weekends, brunch is available on select Mondays and holidays, too.
4. Donald Ducks Seaside Breakfast – PCH Grill – Paradise Pier Hotel – From 7:00 am – 11:30 am guests can catch a wave with Donald Duck and some of his special friends at this delicious breakfast buffet with an oceanside theme. Start your morning off right with a wide array of enticing breakfast items including eggs benedict, scrambled eggs, chilaquiles, chicken and waffles, smoked salmon and a build-your-own parfait station! While you dine, Donald and the gang will be making the rounds to pose for pictures and sign autographs!
Character appearances and menu items are subject to change without notice. Character dining prices typically around $35 – $59 per adult and $25 per child. Character dining options tend to book up fast so advanced reservations are strongly encouraged. Reservations can be made via the Disneyland website or by calling 714.781.DINE.
Thinking about a visit to Disneyland? Packages are currently available to book through until the end of 2019. Get your FREE no-obligation quote below!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
Latest posts by Disney Addicts Past Writers and Friends (see all)
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019
- 10 Commonly Asked Questions About Booking A Walt Disney World Vacation - June 16, 2019
- New Attractions coming to Walt Disney World - June 14, 2019