I dont’ know about you all but all of this chat about Halloween, trick-or-treating and Pumpkin Spice Lattes over the past few weeks has been making this gal a bit rumbly in her tumbly! So I thought what better way to celebrate Fall, comfort food and all delicious things Disney then with this rundown of some of the best cupcakes you’ll find on property. See if your favorites made the cut.
1) Butterfinger Cupcake- Starring Rolls- Hollywood Studios: The piece de resistance when it comes to Disney cupcakes its reputation definitely precedes it. Does it live up to its reputation? You betcha. Think chocolate cake with a chocolate fudge core, vanilla buttercream frosting, chocolate frosting and a healthy helping of Butterfinger crumbles on the top. A masterpiece so delicious it should be its own food group.
2) Cannoli Cupcake -Italy Pavilion – Epcot: There is a lot to love about this newcomer which can be found at the Gelato Kiosk at Epcot’s Italy Pavilion. Let’s start with the smooth ricotta base filled with chocolate chips, vanilla cupcake and ricotta icing. Then add chocolate drizzle, candied cherry and pineapple pieces and wait for it…a mini cannoli and you’ve just about reached perfection. Definitely make this newbie a must-eat during your next trip to the Mouse.
3) Master’s Cupcake – Be Our Guest – Magic Kingdom: You have to love any dessert that is brought to your table with the Cast Members chanting: “Try the Grey stuff, it’s delicious. Don’t believe us? Ask the dishes”. It is magical before you’ve even tucked in! Inside you’ll find a simple chocolate cupcake but it’s the topping (a cookies and cream panna cotta) known as “They Grey Stuff” that really wows.
4) Peanut Butter Cupcake – Starring Rolls – Hollywood Studios: If Butterfingers aren’t your thing, then consider this a worthy opponent for the role of king of the Disney cupcakes. You’ll find a chocolate cake base with a chocolate peanut butter frosting-filled core, a hefty helping of the same icing on the top and crowned with colossal milk chocolate shavings. If you indulge in one of these bad boys don’t expect to be hungry again for several hours.
5) Candy Apple Cupcake – Contempo Cafe- Disney’s Contemporary Resort: Did you know the Contempo Cafe boasts a Cupcake Calendar? I’m not joking. It’s really a thing. Currently on offer this September – October is the Candy Apple cupcake. Believe me, it tastes as good as it looks. Think a vanilla cupcake, a candy apple core and buttercream icing. The perfect alternative for those of us that no longer have the strong teeth to indulge in the originals.
6. Anything from Sprinkles Cupcake ATM – Disney Springs. Its an ATM, for cupcakes. Need I say more? Head over to Disney Springs and take your pick from a myriad of different selections on offer. From vanilla, chocolate marshmallow, banana or Sprinkle’s famous Red Velvet. So next time you are at Disney and having a cupcake crisis after hours, you know where to go!
7) Pumpkin Spiced Cupcake- Gaston’s Tavern- Magic Kingdom – Finally, in an homage to all things Autumn, head on over to Gaston’s Tavern during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party and sink your teeth into this delectable treat that almost looks too good to eat. Its that same Pumpkin Spice taste you’ve come to know and love with your lattes, but now in cupcake form. Forget, the Jack and Sally Meet and Greet, I know where I’ll be on Party night.
No Disney trip is complete with out a cupcake or two under your belts. Pick your favorite from the list and tuck in next time your at Walt Disney World. But be forewarned, any of these lovely creations when eaten in full will definitely spoil the heartiest of appetites.
Thinking about a trip to Disney? Fill out our form below to receive your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard to get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, vial email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Images copyright Disney
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019