For those lucky enough to be attending Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party over the next few weeks, it can provide a perfect opportunity to meet some very special Disney characters that only come out at party time. So grab those cameras, have those autograph books at the ready and be sure to squeeze in a character meet-up or two during your Christmas visit. To give you a taste of what characters you’ll find out and about on party night, here’s 7 of our Character Greeting must-dos.
1. Nick Wilde and Judy Hopps – Tomorrowland – If you’re like us and can’t get enough of Disney’s Zootopia, then you’ll want to head on over to Tomorrowland and say hello to Nick and Judy.
2. Sandy Claws – Liberty Square – Year on year, this consistently ranks as one of the most popular meet and greets during the Party and we can see why. Jack Skellington from Tim Burton’s A Nightmare Before Christmas will don his Sandy Claws costume and will be on hand to greet guests at the gazebo at Liberty Square. Not sure where to find him? Just look for the giant line. It is not uncommon for guests to start queuing up well before party time to see Jack. If this is a must-do during your party visit, be sure to arrive early and line up well in advance.
3. Scrooge McDuck- Storybook Circus – Add a little “Bah, Humbug” to your Christmas visit by heading on over to Storybook Circus where you’ll find everyone’s favorite grumpy uncle holding court in front of Casey Jr Splash ‘n’ Soak Station.
4. Moana – Adventureland – Things are reaching fever pitch over the Moana meet and greet in Adventureland during Mickey’s Christmas Party. You’ll find Moana near the Jingle Cruise in Adventureland. Moana is a popular meet and greet for visitors of all ages so guests can expect pretty long lines. Be prepared to arrive early and do some waiting.
5. Snow White with her Prince and Aurora & Prince Phillip – Fantasyland – Famous Disney couples tend to come out during the Christmas parties and this year is no exception. Be on the lookout for Snow White and Prince Charming as well as Sleeping Beauty and Prince Phillip meeting guests from their Fantasyland location. These make for great photo ops as you won’t usually find these duos around the parks during the rest of the year.
6. Santa – Main Street U.S.A – No visit to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party would be complete without meeting the big man himself. Santa Claus is stationed at Candy Cane Garden which is a seasonal area between Town Hall and the Fire Department where he’ll be taking Christmas requests and finding out if you’ve been naughty or nice. Guests should note, however, that Santa also appears in the parades and since he can’t be two places at once, will not be at his meet and greet location during parade time.
7. Seven Dwarfs – Fantasyland – The Christmas party is also one of the only times each year that you’ll get to see Dopey, Bashful, Sneezy, Sleepy, Happy, Grumpy and Doc altogether. This Fantasyland meet and greet is wildly popular with guests so definitely plan to find this line as soon as you arrive if meeting the Dwarfs is high on your priority list.
This is just a handful of our favorite Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party character greetings. Other characters that come out during party time include:
- Mickey Mouse – Main Street USA
- Aladdin, Jasmine, Genie and Abu – Adventureland
- Captain Jack Sparrow – Adventureland
- Peter Pan– (roams) Adventureland
- Country Bears – (roam) Frontierland
- Ariel and Prince Eric – Fantasyland
- Rapunzel & Flynn Rider – Fantasyland
- Cinderella and Prince Charming – Fantasyland
- Winnie the Pooh and Friends – Fantasyland
- Elena of Avalor – Fantasyland
- Minnie Mouse– Fantasyland
- Donald & Daisy – Fantasyland
- Mary Poppins & Bert – Fantasyland
- Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen – Fantasyland
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party will be running on select nights at the Magic Kingdom until December 22, 2017. This is a special ticketed event held outwith park hours with costs ranging from $89 – $109 per adult. Tickets can be purchased online via My Disney Experience.
For information on how to make the most out of your Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party visit, check out this article.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to working with you you to organize lots of special seasonal activities to make your Christmas at Disney truly magical. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started Now for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
- How Does Lost and Found Work at Disney World? - December 19, 2021
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019