This year Epcot’s International Food & Wine Festival will bring a whopping 75 days of culinary fun to Walt Disney World. Running from August 30 – November 12, 2018 highlights of this year’s fest will be the more than 30 global food and beverage marketplaces, workshops, tastings, concerts and special VIP culinary events. With a few newcomers and the return of much-loved favorites we here at Disney Addicts thought we’d share with you our list of 7 Food & Wine Festival offerings that are simply not-to-be-missed.
1. NEW Taste Track Food Booth -For the fourth year straight, the Global Marketplaces expand their reach into Future World offering a tasty array of out-of-this-world goodies. The Taste Track Food Booth will debut this year and promises speciality croissant doughnuts. You can even add gelato for an extra special sweet treat!
2. NEW Sunday Brunch With Chefs Series – In what is sure to be the talked about Food & Wine Festival Event of the Season, starting on September 2nd the World ShowPlace will place host to this exciting new brunch offering. The first event will feature Top Chef All-Star Richard Blais and will continue on select Sundays through November 11. Other notable personalities expected to attend include Jamie Dean, Tiffani Thiessen, Masaharu Morimoto, Buddy Valastro, Art Smith, Geoffrey Zakarian, Carla Alex Guarnaschelli.
3. Eat to the Beat Concert Series and Dining Packages – There will be an astounding 225 Eat to the Beat performances taking place during this year’s Food & Wine Festival. Taking place at the America Gardens Theatre three times each night, this year’s series will welcome new musical acts including Vertical Horizon, Sheila E, 98 Degrees, MercyMe and Glass Tiger, along with returning festival favorites covering a wide-range of musical genres including rock, pop, rhythm and blues and more. Disney has also announced that the Eat to the Beat Dining Packages will be making a return in 2018. Readers are encouraged to keep watching this space for the latest details.
Check out the entire Eat to the Beat Concert Schedule here.
4. Party for the Senses – A must-do-tasting event for those with a bid of a budget, Party for the Senses at World ShowPlace will welcome top chefs and vintners during these special soirees taking place on September 22, Oct 6, 12, 20 and Nov. 10 where they will showcase creative bites and palate-pleasing drinks. Each event also includes spectacular live entertainment. For more information on how to book your tickets visit the Disney World website.
5. “Mix It, Make It, Celebrate It!” – On Wednesdays and Thursdays, these hands-on workshops will offer new opportunities for guests to interact with visiting chefs, bakers, mixologists and other industry professionals. The events are expected to cover a wide range of culinary topics which will be announced at some point over the Summer.
6. A Chance to Learn Tricks of the Trade from Popular TV Chefs and Other Culinary Icons – Many of the industry’s leading culinary talents will be on hand to entertain guests and inspire your palates via festival seminars and other events. A few of the guests expected to be attending this year include Robert Irvine, Maneet Chauhan, Jet Tila, Shaun O’ Neale, Keegan Gerhard, Dan Pashman and Rock Harper.
7. Ratatouille Scavenger Hunt – This family favorite will be back for another year. During the Hide ‘n’ Squeak scavenger hunt Chef Remy will be hiding clues in brand new locations! See if you can find them and get an exclusive treat!
With fantastic Fall discounts currently available, now is the perfect time to be planning your Walt Disney World getaway to take advantage of all of the exciting offerings coming your way at this year’s Food & Wine Festival. What even better is that the Back to Basics series, book signings, Eat to the Beat Concerts, your Festival Passport and other in-park entertainment is included in the cost of your regular Epcot admission ticket. For special programs like Party of the Senses, grand tasting events, signature dinners there is an additional cost. Guests can find out more by calling 407.WDW.FEST.
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Click here for your FREE no obligation quote or fill out the form at the bottom of this page!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to sharing tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your time at the parks. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Images copyright Disney
Latest posts by Melissa Roden (see all)
- What Is the Dining Dress Code With Disney Cruise Line? - September 23, 2018
- Do Walt Disney World Resorts Offer Room Service? - September 23, 2018
- 13 Reasons Why We Love Disney’s Haunted Mansion - September 22, 2018