As Summer begins to wind down, we are setting our sights on the Fall Season and all of the spectacular events that await! From the launch of Food & Wine Festival to the exciting Christmas Season. But, if there’s one thing we love most about Disney during this time of year its celebrating Halloween Disney-style with Mickey’s Not-So-Scary-Halloween Party. This year the party is back beginning on August 31st and running through until November 1st making it easier than ever to find a way to make it part of your Autumn must-do list. To give you a taste of all the amazing things you’ll get to experience as a Halloween Party guest, here’s our list of 7 reasons why we’re sure you’ll love Mickey’s Halloween Party just as much as we do.
1. Costumes and Trick-or-Treating at the Magic Kingdom. I don’t know what I love more, coming up with a clever costume to wear to Mickey’s bash or seeing all of the amazing costume creations that other creative Disney fans have come up with. Either way, this is the only time of year where Disney will allow guests to enter the parks dressed up in costume. And for the kids and the kids at heart, Trick-or-Treat stations are set up throughout the Magic Kingdom. So grab a bag and get going. You’ll be amazed at the wonderful candy-stash you can acquire when you hit up all the locations!
2. Boo to You! Parade – Ghosts and ghouls of every size come out to play during this twice nightly parade. Our favorite moment? When the headless horseman does as solo run down Main Street. You’ll also see the dancing ghosts from the Haunted Mansion as well as many of your favorite Disney Pals dressed up in their Halloween finery. This is hands down my family’s favorite Disney parade. Trust us, its an event not to be missed.
3. Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular Castle Show- A total crowd-pleaser, each year the Sanderson Sisters return in this scary stage show held several times throughout the night at the Forecourt Stage. As the storyline goes, each year the sisters join forces with some of Disney’s most formidable baddies to conjure up a Hocus Pocus Party Potion on everyone at the Magic Kingdom.
4. Happy Hallowishes – If there’s one thing the Magic Kingdom does well, its the dazzling evening fireworks displays and Happy Hallowishes is no exception. Introduced by the Ghost Host from the Haunted Mansion, the evening display pays homage to Disney Villains and features such spooky songs as “Grim Grinning Ghosts” from the Haunted Mansion, “Poor Unfortunate Souls” from The Little Mermaid and “Oogie Boogie’s Song” from The Nightmare Before Christmas, making it the highlight of the party.
5. Special Character Meet and Greets. For those that love meeting characters, Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is the perfect time. Exclusive meet and greets are on offer each year during party times and they’ve been known to include: The Seven Dwarfs, Jack & Sally, Cruella De Vil and many more so have your cameras and your autograph books at the ready!
6. Special Halloween Magic Shots. Preserve those special Halloween memories with Magic Shots exclusive to Mickey’s Halloween Party. Whether its the Hitchhiking Ghosts from The Haunted Mansion or a photo with the Headless Horseman himself, you never know what ghost, ghoul or Disney friend might turn up in these special Halloween-themed snaps.
7. Enjoy your favorite rides with shorter lines. In addition to all of the amazing seasonal events offered as part of Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, it is also the perfect time to sneak in that extra ride or two. Many attractions stay open during party hours and because its an exclusive event, the lines can be a lot shorter. Here are list of the rides and attractions you should be able to enjoy at this year’s party.
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Swiss Family Treehouse
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Country Bear Jamboree
- Haunted Mansion
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
- “It’s a small world”
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Mad Tea Party
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- The Barnstormer
- Astro Orbiter
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Space Mountain
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
Tickets for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party are currently on sale with costs running from $74-$110. Tickets can be booked directly through My Disney Experience or by contacting your travel agent.
Thinking about a trip to Disney for Halloween? There are still fantastic 2017 packages to be had. Its also never too early to start planning for 2018. Fill out our form below to receive your FREE quote.
Why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I can help you get the best discounts for your Disney vacation package, assist with making dining and Fastpass reservations and can even help you organize an itinerary filled with extra magical touches. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE! Contact me at 1.800.801.4025 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Facebook and let’s get planning!
Images copyright Disney.
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019