I am pretty much always up for visiting Walt Disney World Resort no matter what time of year it is. That being said, I do have a favorite time to visit the most magical place on Earth, and it happens to be in the Fall! There are so many awesome things going on at Disney during the Fall season, here are my top 7 reasons to visit Disney during the Fall!
1. The Fall and Halloween Decorations- While the Holiday and Christmas decorations are beautiful, nothing excites me more than the Fall and Halloween decorations throughout Disney during the Fall. The decorations usually go up sometime in mid-August and include giant Mickey pumpkins, Mickey lanterns, and fun window displays in the shops.
2. The Limited Edition Fall Treats and Snacks- Disney is always coming up with delicious new Fall-inspired limited edition snacks. These snacks alone are season enough to get me to the parks! The Pumpkin-spiced Mickey Waffle Sunday, Constance’s For Better or For Worse wedding cake, and Hades nachos are just a few of the treats Disney has released this year. I’m getting hungry just thinking about these!
3. Costumes Will Be Allowed in Disney’s Magic Kingdom for a Limited Time this Year- Yes, you heard that right! Just because Mickey’s not-so-scary-Halloween Party has been canceled for 2020, does not mean we won’t be able to don our favorite costume around the Magic Kingdom! According to the Disney Parks Blog, guests will be able to wear appropriate costumes to the Magic Kingdom from September 15 to Halloween Day October 31!
4. Epcot’s International Food and Wine Festival- When you visit Walt Disney World during the Fall season, you will likely be visiting during Epcot’s International Food and Wine Festival. Enjoy delicious food and drinks from all over the world as you stroll through the World Showcase pavilions. This is my absolute favorite festival of the year, and I love trying new things every year!
5. Cooler Temperatures- Although Florida weather can sometimes be unpredictable, chances are if you visit Disney World during the Fall months the temperatures will be cooler than the summer months. Cooler temperatures can be much more comfortable for exploring the parks, especially now that face-coverings are a requirement.
6. Limited Edition Merchandise- Disney usually offers some exciting new souvenirs and merchandise to guests visiting during the Fall/Halloween. This year they’ve released a new Madame Leota sipper, a Halloween popcorn bucket, and the coveted Hitchkiking Ghosts collection are just some of the special releases that will be available in the parks this Fall.
7. Smaller Crowds- Due to park capacity restrictions and mandatory park reservations, all 4 Disney parks are running at a much lower capacity than what you would normally find. Due to this, wait times may be drastically reduced and you might be able to fit more attractions in. There are definitely some positive aspects of visiting during reduced capacity. During my July trip, I had very minimal waits and was able to get on my favorite attractions over and over!
While any day at Disney World is better than a day not at Disney, I highly recommend visiting during the Fall at least once!
- Reasons We Love EPCOT’s Mexico Pavilion - September 16, 2020
- The Holidays Will Start November 6 at Walt Disney World Resort - September 14, 2020
- Does Wakanda Belong in the Walt Disney World Theme Parks? - September 9, 2020