What a Christmas it is shaping up to be at Walt Disney World this year with most of Disney’s theme parks as well as Disney Springs already announcing plans to pull out all of the stops to make this a Disney Christmas December visitors won’t soon forget. To give you just a taste of all of the fantastic things coming to Disney World this holiday season, here’s our list of 7-holiday happenings that have us pretty excited.
1. Candlelight Processional – Performed at the America Gardens Theatre in Epcot, the “Candlelight Processional” is a heartwarming and rousing show featuring a live orchestra, massed choir and celebrity telling of the traditional Christmas story. The “Candlelight Processional” is performed three times nightly at 5, 6:45 and 8:15 p.m. You can get guaranteed seating by booking a Candlelight Processional dining package.
2. The Epcot International Festival of the Holidays – Get ready for a glittering music-and-entertainment-filled, treat-forward festival in Epcot starting November 29 and lasting through December 30, 2019. From day one of the festival, 13 Holiday Kitchens plus additional food-and-beverage locations (more than 25 in all) across Epcot will serve a delectable array of bites, sips, and creative treats. You’ll want to have a treat or two at each kitchen!
3. The Holiday Cookie Stroll – This experience is rewarding fun for the family and gives everyone a chance to explore the Epcot International Festival of the Holidays with baked goodies offered at several Holiday Kitchens. Guests can choose any five cookies featured in the Festival Passport, collect matching stamps and receive a complimentary Santa Mickey Sugar Cookie at the Holiday Sweets & Treats location:
- Bavaria Holiday Kitchen: Linzer Cookie
- American Holiday Table: Gingerbread Cookie
- Yukon Holiday Kitchen: Peppermint Pinwheel Cookie
- Feast of the Three Kings: Chocolate Crinkle Cookie
- L’Chaim! Holiday Kitchen: Black and White Cookie
Plus, Guests can purchase a Cookie Stroll Cookie Jar at one of the World Showcase Holiday Markets while supplies last.
4. Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party – Nothing says Christmas at Disney like this special Magic Kingdom ticketed evening event running on select nights throughout the holiday season. This party is jam-packed with festive fun with special party offerings that include a brand-new fireworks spectacular, Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade and Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration stage show. Oh, and did we mention that they make it snow on Main Street and hand out complimentary cocoa!?
This year’s party will take place on the following dates:
November 8, 11, 12, 14, 15, 17, 19, 21, 22 and 24
December 1, 3, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, 13, 15, 17, 19, 20, and 22
Tickets for the party range from $94 – $139 depending on the dates and can be purchased online.
5. Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM – Everyone’s favorite elves are returning once again this holiday season for the popular holiday nighttime spectacular at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. In addition to fun holiday decorations and offerings throughout the park, “Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!” is a fabulously festive fireworks spectacular that occurs every night from Nov. 8, 2019, to Jan. 5, 2020. There’s even a dessert party guests can book to end their night with a sweet treat and a great seat for the show.
6. Winter Awakenings at Disney’s Animal Kingdom – This holiday season guests will find festive new entertainment and holiday décor in every land of the park, from DinoLand, U.S.A. to Pandora – The World of Avatar. Discovery Island is where you will find the most magical winter decor. A holiday gathering of winter animals – realized in the form of life-size, artisan-sculpted puppets – frolics on Discovery Island during the day. Reindeer, foxes, polar bears, penguins and more, interact with guests, accompanied by serenading musicians as they create a playful atmosphere of festive fun.
As day becomes night, the rooftop luminaries and bird lanterns all around Discovery Island bring a warm and festive glow to the entire village. At the center of everything, the Tree of Life awakens with a series of wintry tales, complemented by a familiar and heartwarming holiday-inspired musical score.
7. Find gingerbread houses, Christmas trees, and additional offerings at Disney resort hotels – The holiday fun continues when guests leave the parks. All Walt Disney World resort hotels are elaborately decorated, and many offer special entertainment and dining during the season. Guests can marvel at intricate, life-size gingerbread houses at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa and Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, and be awed by the massive Christmas trees in the lobbies of Disney’s Wilderness Lodge and Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge.
What’s your favorite experience at Walt Disney World during the holidays? I just love seeing all of the magical decor! There’s still time to book a holiday stay this year! As an agent with Amazing Magical Adventures, a Disney earmarked agency, I can help you plan your trip to any Disney Destination and beyond! Contact me today at firstname.lastname@example.org for a free quote!
Photo Source: Disney
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- Celebrate Health and Wellness at Disney Springs - January 12, 2022
- FULL Menus Released for EPCOT’S 2022 Festival of the Arts! - January 7, 2022
- Disney World Special Offers for Spring and Summer of 2022 - January 5, 2022