Let’s be honest, the words “free” and Disney just don’t really go together! Those of us who frequent Walt Disney World know exactly how costly trio can be. A visit to the ‘Most Magical Place on Earth’ generally doesn’t come cheap. However, some things are still complimentary. I’ve found 7 things you can still do for free at Disney World.
1. Visit Disney Springs- You don’t have to have tickets or reservations to visit Disney Springs. Disney Springs is a large outdoor shopping and dining center located right on Disney property. Now, in order to shop or eat in Disney Springs, you’re going to have to spend some money- but you can visit free of charge. This might be a good option for guests visiting the Orlando area and wanting a little Disney magic without purchasing park tickets.
2. Disney Springs Self Parking- Not only can you visit Disney Springs free of charge, but you can also use the self park option for free. You can also choose preferred parking or valet, but those options come with a fee.
3. Disney’s Magical Express- I know, I know, Disney announced they will be doing away with this popular complimentary service. However, for now, guests staying at Disney Resort Hotels can use this free shuttle from the Orlando Airport to their hotel.
4. Disney Transportation- One service that is still free and will likely remain free is Disney’s complimentary transportation. These transportation options include busses, the monorail, the Skyliner, and ferry boats. Of course, guests are also welcome to rent a car or use ride-sharing services, but those are not complimentary and will cost money.
5. WiFi- Disney still offers free wifi connection to resort and park guests! While it may not seem like a huge perk, some hotels do charge extra for it and we are happy Disney resort hotels do not.
6. Fast Passes- Again, I know this service is temporarily unavailable. Under normal circumstances, guests staying at a Disney resort hotel get to choose their fast pass selections 60 days in advance. Annual Passholders and guests staying off-property can make their selections 30 days in advance. While we miss Fast Passes and hope they come back soon- they have always been complimentary at Disney World. Some other theme parks charge an additional fee for a similar service.
7. Water- Did you know that you can request a complimentary cup of water at any dining location? While this may seem insignificant, water can get expensive when visiting parks and can also be a necessity in the Florida heat. Guests do not have to pay tons of money to stay hydrated throughout the day! Water bottle filling stations have also started to pop up throughout the parks for even more convenience!
We all know the saying, “nothing in life comes for free”, but it’s nice to know there are still some things you can get for free at Disney World.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!